Importing hierarchical file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing hierarchical file

I am trying to upgrade from v14 to v16, I tried importing a v14 snapshot but was presented with LOTS of errors. So I thought I'd start with a clean v16 and import my products, then adjust the design.

I am importing a hierarchical file which I exported from V14 as a csv file. The import completes, however the error log has lots of errors like this;

Line 238: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 238: The fragment title must be specified!
    Line 868: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 868: The fragment title must be specified!
    Line 869: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 869: The fragment title must be specified!
    Line 1150: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 1150: The fragment title must be specified!
    Line 1303: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 1303: The fragment title must be specified!
    Line 1304: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 1304: The fragment title must be specified!
    the thing is, when I look at the hierarchical file I am importing, I cant relate these errors to it.

For example LINE 238 is a Section, LINE 868 is a permutation (See attached shots)

So how do I relate these errors to the problem product or fragment?
    Any clues?

and is this the best way to upgrade to v16 from v14 anyway!
    Attached Files
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

OK it looks like the error report is reporting errors a couple of lines out of sync with the hierarchical file...

The errors all seem to relate to fragments that I have in my shop sections.

The Fragments are being labelled as Products on the hierarchical file, which is what is throwing up the errors. If you look at the attached screenshot
    line 238 is actually talking about line 240... it says

Product followed by the number '26' (instead of a Product Code)

Line 238: An invalid Product could not be imported.

Line 238: The fragment title must be specified!
    The fragment titles ARE specified in the V14 store.

Its the same for all of them... see 868 , 869 these lines are not products they are fragments.
    Attached Files
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Having spent some time looking around this forum, I am shocked to see that this or something like this issue was reported as a bug in 2007!?! Please don't tell me this hasn't been fixed in over 10 years.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=32520&highlight=hierarchical+import+export+fragments

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=13419&highlight=hierarchical+import+export+fragments

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=26089&highlight=hierarchical+fragments
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

To sum up my days investigation!

When exporting an hierarchical file, Fragments in Brochure pages export and import fine....
        BUT Fragments in Shop Sections, are written as 'Products' in the exported file and so create errors on import, and do not import. Their data fields also contain lots of spurious '\n' characters.

It seems like this has been a known bug for over 10 years.

I have nearly 70 fragments in my shopping pages.

If any one knows of a workaround.........
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

IIRC fragments are the identical to products in the database but marked with a different product type.

I've never really got on with hierarchical imports but is the product type not part of the export or is that the Import doesn't recognise it?
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Fragments are being exported (in the hierarchical file) as products. So these two highlighted in red are actually fragments not products.;

Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It's not as simple as renaming 'Product' to 'ProductFragment' either as lots of the other variables are different.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

From the threads you posted it sounds as if the problem is links inside fragments that break the routine. Does this sound right to you?

What I was referring to above is that a fragment is the same in the database as a product. The only difference is the ProductType variable which is set to 0 for a product, 1 for a duplicate and 2 for a fragment.

Mike

Comment

thanks Mike, some of the fragments do have links in them, some have images, some are just text, they are all causing the errors. The hierarchical export just doesn't see them as fragments, and lists them as products, which is what seems to be causing the errors in import.

I understand that in the database they may be different by just one variable, but in the hierarchical file they seem to have quite a few differences (as you can see from the image.. and there are more along the line)
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Andy at codepath has a very quick way of upgrading your old site to V16, have a word with him its hassle free and not to much dosh
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

thanks Chris, but surely he just uses an hierarchical import himself?
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                        thanks Chris, but surely he just uses an hierarchical import himself?
                        No Mark, we work directly with the databases to bypass the kind of issues you're experiencing.
                        More info at the link below and feel free to call for a chat on Tuesday if you want to discuss further.

http://www.codepath.biz/software/Sel...-Transfer.html
                        Andy Barrow
                        http://www.codepath.biz
                        T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
                        Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Does anyone know if this issue was fixed ?

Comment

Andy at codepath is the best person for this, he did mine when I went from 14 to 16 I think. It was a great opportunity to start with a fresh installation. I had all the important content brought over and it was ready to upload...highly recommended
                            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

It looks like there might be a solution posted in one of the earlier threads (but it does need MS access or similar):

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...093#post315093

hurrah - it worked - this issue now has a fix.

(dances around the room naked waving arms in celebration, whooping with joy)

The below from Toby via Andrew:

Looks like we have found a bug with the software as we can replicate the problem with a default store. The work around is to run an SQL query in Access:

- Take a snapshot for backup purposes

- Shut down Actinic

- Open ActinicCatalog.mdb in the site folder

- Click on the "Queries" button

- Double click "Create Query in Design View"

- Go to View | SQL View

- Copy and paste the following SQL:

Code:
                              UPDATE Product INNER JOIN UserDefinedProperties ON Product.[Product Reference] = UserDefinedProperties.sContentID SET UserDefinedProperties.sStatus = "D" WHERE (((UserDefinedProperties.nContentLevel)=2) AND ((Product.nProductType)=2));

- Close the window and save the query

- Run the query by double clicking on it

- Save the query modifications and exit Access.

Open Actinic and now your fragments should be back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X