Can't send emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
    I found I could do this with Wordpress and Woocommerce quite easily so have gone that route. I have been evaluating it for ages and the email problem was the last straw.
    Your site using the above...

Comment

I am on Windows 10. I don't have a Sellerdeck support contract and it is not worth upgrading to Sellerdeck 18 for the amount of business I now do through the webshop. I used to sell a lot more but now it has come down to just a few cheap tutorials.

Now that I have replaced the website with a Wordpress one it is hard to test anything. I may find the Wordpress one site has draw backs that I have not seen yet and I come back to Sellerdeck but probably not if the only way to make it work is to get an upgrade that costs a lot more than any profit I am currently making.

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
        I may find the Wordpress one site has draw backs that I have not seen yet and I come back to Sellerdeck but probably not if the only way to make it work is to get an upgrade that costs a lot more than any profit I am currently making.
        One drawback you will find is regularly having to update the software and plugins and then making sure it all still hangs together. It is the bane of my life .... especially with WooCommerce, I'm afraid.
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

I don't think I would do this if I still sold a large range like I used to - which is why I bought Sellerdeck at the time. But with only a few tutorials which are download only and the rest of the site intended for information and people to get in contact I think it will probably be ok.

And I have noticed new updates arrive all the time!

Comment

Hi - I had similar problems some time ago and it was solved by installing 'No-IP'.
            ie. Does your ISP only give you a dynamic IP address (one that changes from time to time and is not static)?

Comment

Further information:

I used to use the SendMail fix from Norman but it doesn't seem appropriate for v18 as the line

HTML Code:
              sub SendRichMail
              doesn't appear in the file actinic.pm anymore. Probably due to the separation out of part of the code to smtplibrary.pm.

I don't know if Norman reads this, but an update for the fix would be appreciated (with £s) and might help me out of this mess.

Sellerdeck have so far said it is not their fault, it's a 1and1 problem. However my emails work fine using the correct settings.

Any help still appreciated.
              Kind regards,
              Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
              http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Hi Phil

I posted this about a month ago on the v18 section :
                https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...v18#post550066

Not had an answer on that fix... and I couldn't get emails sent at all via 1and1

Time was a bit short (needed to do a lot of tests) so I setup "Sendgrid" instead

I had to apply Mike's SMTP port fix for Sendgrid to work, see :
                https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...238#post540238

Comment

Thanks for the response. I did see that - but the minimum is $9.95 / month. Do I really want to pay this to cover up for a bug in SellerDeck? If we had a huge number of customers I'd consider it, but we don't so I'll continue dabbling for now.

Grrr.

Kind regards,
                  Phil Benjamin

Comment

I'm just using it for testing sites, so the free option is good for us (100 mails per day)

Comment

I thought that was only for 30 days, but a quick re-read suggests that I'm wrong. That makes all the difference, so I'll give it a go.

Thank you for the comment.
                      Kind regards,
                      Phil Benjamin

Comment

Could somebody explain how you implement the Sendgrid SMTP Relay option?

I've created an API key, but when I enter the details in network setup as:

SMTP server: smtp.sendgrid.net
                        Username: apikey
                        Password: my API key

I get an error message that the password is too long. The API key is 69 characters and the limit is 64.

I feel I'm doing something stupidly wrong. I'd be grateful for any advice.
                        Kind regards,
                        Phil Benjamin

Comment

I had the same problem... very misleading bit this API...

I used my username and password used to setup the account.

Comment

Working...
                          X