Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No orders downloading

Hi all,

We have just upgraded to the latest version of sellerdeck from 16.0.3.

Our issue emerges when we try to Retrieve Orders, we are greeted with the following error; "The server response is shorter than the minimum of three characters".

We can confirm that customers have been able to place orders and we have done a test order ourselves which worked, however we cannot download any orders at all.

We need a fix to this issue very quickly as orders are not being shipped that were place over the weekend.

Any advise would be very useful.

Regards,

Will
    Far East Direct UK Ltd

Does it pass the network test when uploading?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I don't know, how do I find that out?

Comment

Perform a network test by going into "Network Setup" in the "Web" menu and clicking on the Test button
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Once I complete the test it comes up with a text box that you can 'ok' and then another comes up saying 'the network settings test was succesfull'.

Comment

Is it a firewall issue then? Do you get the confirmation email after the network test passes? Did you do a full refresh of the website? Or even, purge and refresh?
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I am not sure whether it could be a firewall issue or not. Yes we receive the confirmation emails and we have run multiple refreshes.

We are apprehensive to do a purge and refresh as we had work done to one of our perl scripts a long time ago to allow for google analytics conversion tracking so have been instructed by sellerdeck to avoid that at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Far East Direct View Post

We are apprehensive to do a purge and refresh as we had work done to one of our perl scripts a long time ago to allow for google analytics conversion tracking so have been instructed by sellerdeck to avoid that at all costs.
                I'd have thought the script changes would have been lost when you upgraded to V18.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Oh really? Would you reccomend a purge and refresh then if we have to rework the script changes anyway?

Comment

I'd check with sellerdeck first. I don't really understand them saying not to do a purge and refresh as script customisations always get lost on an upgrade.

The best advice I can give is:

1. Always document any changes so you know what needs redoing after an upgrade
                    2. Always keep backups of any relevant files so you can refer to them if necessary.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

So sellerdeck have finally solved the problem so I thought I'd post the fix on here incase anyone ever had the same issue. Apparently there will be a perminent fix to this in 18.0.3.

The issue was in my perl script files. script.pl to be precise, apparently when the transition from v16 to v18 happened it picked up some old data from v16 and carried it over, this was sending conflicting messages to the server. All sellerdeck had to do was paste a line of code in and the issue was fixed.

I know this isn't the most detailed summary however I hope it saves people some time figuring our the problem in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X