Out of stock products showing as In Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of stock products showing as In Stock

Hi. In testing 18.03 we are getting products with zero stock shown as been In Stock:

http://www.tgurney.co.uk/acatalog/Le...le_Bundle.html

We set up products to have real time stock display set to "display in stock message only". We have suspend set to if below 1 and have a stock of 0 (zero).

It is showing the out of stock message correctly but also showing the in stock message as well. The code to display the in stock message is identical to the code in v16

Spoke to Kiran at Sellerdeck and he confirmed he could replicate it on the standard build of 18.0.3. Also that the code layout - splay In Stock Message only is the same between 18.0.3 and v16.

Will keep you posted on any feedback.
    Winter Garden Purple Bundle by Lewis & Irene
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

I have a fix for that (or something very very similar.... can't quite remember) given to me by support. I'm not on the right computer.... I'll post the fix tomorrow
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Ok. Thank you. Any ideas why the bug came up. what did sellerdeck change?
      Tony

Comment

Is this an assemnly product?
        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

No. It is a standard product without any permutations
          Tony

Comment

This is the fix provided to me. Backup the actinicextras.js file first in case it doesn't work for you.

Open the script file 'actinicextras.js' in a plain text editor and locate the code:-

Code:

if  (sIDStart == 'EnableIfInStock')     {     if ((mapStockByRef[sProdRef] > 0 && !(oProd && oProd.bAssemblyProduct)) || // non assembly product that is in stock         !mapOOSComps[sProdRef])         // or assembly with component in stock

Replace this with: -

Code:

if  (sIDStart == 'EnableIfInStock')     {     if ((mapStockByRef[sProdRef] > 0 && !(oProd && oProd.bAssemblyProduct)) || // non assembly product that is in stock         ((oProd && oProd.bAssemblyProduct) && !mapOOSComps[sProdRef]))         // or assembly with component in stock

Then save the file.

Once you have done this upload the file for the changes to take place online.
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Sorry - that's taken the formatting out of the code
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thank you. That seems to have fixed it.
                Tony

Comment

How about the fix being put into the software 18.03 - 18.03.1, Sellerdeck?

Comment

Thanks Goz for passing on the fix. It is currently scheduled to be applied to the software in v18.0.4
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Bruce - you can see the ticket this came from at SDCS-48894
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I applied the fix, but in my case it removed the OUT OF STOCK on the out of stock products, leaving the In Stock, and enabled people to order the out of stock items. So I reverted the "fix". I shall be contacting Support on Monday to see if they can help. At least this weekend people cannot order out of stock items, but it does not look good with OUT OF STOCK In Stock.

Comment

As v18.0.3 is only just out is an v18.0.4 with this fix due anytime soon?

Thanks

James
                          www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
                          www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
                          www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
                          www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
                          www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Sellerdeck Support managed to fix the problem I had since upgrading to 18.0.3 (items out of stock said OUT OF STOCK In Stock, instead of just OUT OF STOCK). They made a change to the ActinicExtras file. So if anyone has the same problem, ask Sellerdeck for the file. Sarah

Comment

They supplied me with an updated copy of actinicextras.js too.

It would be interesting to see the difference between the fix they did for me and the fix they did for you. Do you think you could email a copy of that file to

support @ elysiumonline . co . uk

and I'll do a comparison
                              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                              X