Bad Escape Sequence in String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Escape Sequence in String

Currently doing some work to improve our SEO score and one error that keeps appearing is 'Bad escape sequence in string' relating to the brochure home image. Can anybody advise how I can fix this?

Attached Files

This is a combination of a bug in SellerDeck's "Schema Markup" layout and you using a logo image that is outside the root of your Site folder.

Solution: Move your logo image "Logo Large.png" to the Site folder. Rename it to lose the mixed case and space for better practice. E.g. "logolarge.png" and then re-select it via Setting / Site Options / General / Site /Company Logo Image.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Alternatively, see https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...t-in-site-root where I've posted a bug-report and a fix,

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        This is a combination of a bug in SellerDeck's "Schema Markup" layout and you using a logo image that is outside the root of your Site folder.

Solution: Move your logo image "Logo Large.png" to the Site folder. Rename it to lose the mixed case and space for better practice. E.g. "logolarge.png" and then re-select it via Setting / Site Options / General / Site /Company Logo Image.
        This was the fix it needed and now no more issues with Google! Thanks for your help Norman

Comment

Google Search Console has just reported
          'Unparsable structured data issues detected --
          Bad escape sequence in string' for some reason, after many years of running website!
          Have renamed the filename to all lower case as suggested by Norman a while back, but doesn't seem to fix it. This is a standard part of Catalogue's Site Settings field that hasn't been customised, so presumably effects may websites unbeknown to owners.
          The offending code is "https://www.daxs.co.uk/acatalog/Images\daxslogo2.png" which features on every web page.
          Does anyone know why / have a solution?

Comment

Your logo image isn’t in the ‘site’ folder as Norman suggested, hence the offending backslash in /Images\daxslogo2.png
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

As I said earlier:
              Move your logo image "daxslogo2.png" to the Site folder and re-select it in SellerDeck.

Comment

Many thanks -- offending backslash now gone -- waiting to see what Google Validation makes of it.
                I didn't move file first time round as I foolishly thought that after a year or so the bug Norman highlighted might have been fixed by now in 18.04!

Comment

Working...
                X