No announcement yet.

Paypal Express - Delivery Phone Number stopped coming through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this there is a change in the PayPal code in sellerdeck, It is a very simple fix to put the number back but I've forgotten how but will look for it, it bugged me as I needed the phone number for the courier.
    support are aware so do know the answer as they helped me find the line of code and edit
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

The fixes provided by support for this new Paypal integration are BIG and COMPLEX and not something I am going to want to do unless absolutely necessary. PAYAL EXPRESS was working PERFECTLY before the "upgrade" - all I want is it to carry on working as it was. So all I want is the PHONE NUMBER to be put on the delivery address, like it used to do before this upgrade buggered it up.

Comment

I may hold off with the new integration if its that bad until they fix it

Comment

This may help - it is old so do a backup first!

1. Go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sellerdeck v18\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC 2. Take a backup of OCCPaypalNVPTemplate.pl 3. Edit OCCPaypalNVPTemplate.pl ,find the line
          $::g_ShipContact{'PHONE'} = $$hResponse{"PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOPHONENUM"};

replace the line with
          $::g_ShipContact{'PHONE'} = $$hResponse{"PHONENUM"};

Save and exit. Update the web site.

Comment

I am delighted to say that worked ! Many thanks!

Comment

You'll need to do that every time you upgrade, I believe its a silly gdpr thing to avoid phone numbers being "seen". I think it came in with 18.04 ish

Comment

Hi All,

To add to these issues I am having to upgrade to the new PayPal integration now but when I go through the process PayPal never offers me an option to integrate with Sellerdeck once I log in, so I have been trying to do this manually however I manage to get the client ID and secret key but can't find this webhook ID that I need, does anyone know where I should be able to find this?

Thanks

Comment

Hmm it seems like their integration is based purely on a brand new out of the box layout and takes no consideration of sites that have grown organically over many many years. The latest version of Sellerdeck drops the traditional WORKING Paypal intergrations completely. Great for new sites, catastrophic for existing sites. Still waiting for an answer from Sellerdeck on my original issue of what happened to the delivery phone. The last I heard was development we twittering that "paypal never has sent over those details" which is gibberish.

Comment

Hi All,

The release of PayPal Commerce Platform has been a great addition to our payment gateway options, however it has unfortunately come with upgrade issues.

We recognise that and are working on an Upgrade Widget, which is planned for release mid to end of May. This should simplify the upgrade process so that you can access PayPal's latest features (and some new ones on the horizon).

We'll be focusing on PayPal Commerce Platform moving forward, so it's important that you use that integration.

Thanks, Josh
                    Josh Barling
                    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Do you not think that you withdrew the existing PayPal integrations prematurely Josh?

It is why I am not upgrading my sites to 18.1 and won't upgrade until I know that it works.
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I will admit I was on the upgrade path to 18.1 but I've put the emergency brake on at 18.06 with fully functioning PayPal legacy until I feel more confident it'll work. It's a one way ticket at 18.01 and with about 50% of my customers using PayPal I'm not willing to risk it yet. I do appreciate Josh saying they are aware and being proactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                          Do you not think that you withdrew the existing PayPal integrations prematurely Josh?

It is why I am not upgrading my sites to 18.1 and won't upgrade until I know that it works.
                          We wanted to make the new version with legacy PayPal integrations removed a very clear change - that's why we put it into v18.1.X along with the new licence key.

I don't feel it was premature, as customers have the choice to upgrade and many have. Those that are struggling to get the layouts working will have an upgrade widget available very soon and that should hopefully solve the issues.

It won't be long until you can upgrade and start using PPCP. We'll also be announcing a new PayPal feature which will be easily accessible for all users - this will happen hopefully within the next month or so.

Thanks, Josh.
                          Josh Barling
                          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

I've noticed in PayPal settings that you can make the customer add a telephone number to their order in "Website Payment Preferences"
                            Last edited by Seorch; 06-May-2021, 07:53 PM. Reason: added account settings option

Comment

Hi All,

There will be an email sent out to all customers later this week, but I wanted to give you immediate visibility of this.

We've developed a widget for upgrading to PayPal Commerce Platform - this should hopefully make it easier to complete the upgrade. Instructions on how to use the widget are here - https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...merce-platform

Thanks, Josh.
                              Josh Barling
                              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X