Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V18.1 Warning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Hi All,

    We’ve been keeping an eye on this thread while also investigating the points raised. Myself and a few others receive notifications of all posts and are aware of all comments even if we do not always engage. We do really appreciate the people who make positive contributions to it.

    Firstly, I would like to say it’s great to see Host-It commenting on our forum and providing a high level of support to our mutual customers.

    We test and build new versions against our own infrastructure, so it is always 100% compatible. However we recognise that as a self-hosted ecommerce platform, many customers want to choose which hosting provider to use and we want to allow for that.

    The development team have been investigating some of the specific reports raised. We had seen isolated reports previously and have completed initial investigations with a fix scheduled in a future release. We are now bringing this forward.

    Once we’ve got the information together I’ll share.

    I would also like to address the comments made on our Cover contract, as I think its important to highlight a few key points. Each customer who subscribes to Cover or Desktop 365 Plus is adding value back into the platform and our services as we reinvest that revenue to offer more value to our customers. We’ve recognised that customers want to see more value from those contracts and so we’ve been adding in more value through the likes of Swift, Widgets, Extensions and new versions. We plan to continue with this approach.

    In regards to the support service, I see that you all get a lot of value from the forum as you are able to discuss issues with extremely experienced Sellerdeck Desktop users. You generally all have a very high threshold of knowledge on the platform and your websites; that often means we need senior developers to investigate your requests / issues which can take longer to return a response than either of us would want.

    We know there are areas we can improve on and are always open to receiving constructive feedback.

    In regards to Page Speed and Web Core Vitals, this is a subject we’ve been investing a lot of energy into. We have been building a white paper with information and also an audit service – as you can guess, this will only be available to Cover or Desktop 365 Plus customers. More information on this will be made available when ready. V18.1.0 included the support of webp which is an important area to improve page speed.

    Thanks Josh.
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

    josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

    Comment


      #17
      Update,

      Host-it

      Host-it have successfully moved 10 sites for me to the new server. 5 of these were Sellerdeck sites.

      It took longer than needed, as I only wanted to move 1 at a time to address any teething problems. We started with the least busy site, and finally moved the busiest site today.

      All moved with minimal downtime, and Sage pay, and PayPal are all working fine.

      Most of this was also carried out over a bank holiday weekend as well.

      Host-it are a fantastic hosting company that I would fully recommend, and Marc in support has been brilliant.

      Sellerdeck

      I asked them a question 13 days ago. The question was “what is the latest version of Perl Sellerdeck will run on?”

      Having chased them up and told it was with development, I still await an answer.

      A few weeks back they logged in to my computer and changed a script for error tracking. On Friday I asked what I needed to change back. I still await an answer.


      In my opinion Sellerdeck have to up their game significantly to retain the loyalty of customers.

      Regards

      Jason

      Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Quality Titanium (Swift Design)
      Quality Silver (V18)

      New Tantalum Rings

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Buzby View Post
        Update,

        Host-it

        Host-it have successfully moved 10 sites for me to the new server. 5 of these were Sellerdeck sites.

        It took longer than needed, as I only wanted to move 1 at a time to address any teething problems. We started with the least busy site, and finally moved the busiest site today.

        All moved with minimal downtime, and Sage pay, and PayPal are all working fine.

        Most of this was also carried out over a bank holiday weekend as well.

        Host-it are a fantastic hosting company that I would fully recommend, and Marc in support has been brilliant.

        Sellerdeck

        I asked them a question 13 days ago. The question was “what is the latest version of Perl Sellerdeck will run on?”

        Having chased them up and told it was with development, I still await an answer.

        A few weeks back they logged in to my computer and changed a script for error tracking. On Friday I asked what I needed to change back. I still await an answer.


        In my opinion Sellerdeck have to up their game significantly to retain the loyalty of customers.
        Hi Jason,

        Just catching up on forum posts.

        I saw that your ticket was already responded to on Tuesday (before end of day I believe), looks like you must have missed the email when writing this post.

        The question you ask about the perl version unfortunately isn't a simple answer due to the dependencies on core and non-core modules. The answer will vary based on other factors.

        At the moment, the development team want to do a bit more testing so the answer is as accurate as possible. We're firing up our test servers now.


        Thanks, Josh
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

        josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

        Comment


          #19
          Hi Josh,

          Many thanks for the reply.

          There was a short time frame between 1 question I asked and my post, however no update was ever received for the main issue, only a secondary question.

          The ticket is now closed, as mentioned we have now moved server. This will however help others in the future if you readily know this information.

          I think the real issue here causing my frustration with Sellerdeck support is the fact this information wasn’t readily available, with advice for a fix. The issue had to be diagnosed by someone I don’t pay a support package to.

          The only thing you could offer me was getting sales to phone me to see what you could sell me.

          Had I been waiting for a fix, or advice I would now be 2 weeks in with websites not able to take money, and still no resolve on the horizon.

          I like Sellerdeck software, I like the fact I have control of it and it’s not in the cloud. It’s these reasons I continue to be a customer but I do think that some issues need to be greatly improved.
          Regards

          Jason

          Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Quality Titanium (Swift Design)
          Quality Silver (V18)

          New Tantalum Rings

          Comment


            #20
            Hi Jason,

            No worries. I hear what you are saying, thanks for the feedback.


            Thanks, Josh
            Josh Barling
            CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

            josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post

              The development team have been investigating some of the specific reports raised. We had seen isolated reports previously and have completed initial investigations with a fix scheduled in a future release. We are now bringing this forward.

              Once we’ve got the information together I’ll share.
              The pressing issue reported concerns Sellerdeck utilising Crypt SSL and Net SSL.

              When can we expect the fix to address this?

              Comment


                #22
                I appreciate my response is not exactly the same issue with 18.1 but it is relevant to others considering upgrading to 18.1 e.g 18.1 Warning.

                We sell digital downloads and had SagePay (Opayo) and PayPal Express Checkout. We were keen to get 18.1 for the compatibility with WebP images and improved Google Rankings.

                I spoke with SellerDeck support prior to upgrade and looked on the community/knowledgebase and at the 'available' upgrade information prior to upgrading, including this thread, and I did not come across anything to put me off (e.g we are not on Host-It). I then upgraded my 6 sites, in the same way I have done for 17 years. This time however, during the upgrade I noted the upgrade removes PayPal Express Checkout, replacing it with 'Paypal Commerce Platform'. After having switched all my sites over, and try to set up PayPal Commerce Platform, I find that I am being asked to agree to new terms and new fees. The new fees are an extra £20 a month payment plus an increase in fees from 2.9% to 3.4%. In addition going through the SellerDeck help files during to set up PayPal, its states "Note: this option will not be available if the cart contains only downloadable products." Given that is what we mainly sell, that is not great as it affects say 50% of our customers.

                I asked SellerDeck about this. Q) "Please can someone explain what is going on as I have upgraded the sites only to find out these fee increases and reduction in function, when trying to set up PayPal." and the response was R) "Sorry I cannot help you there, I can help with the technical aspects of the new PayPal integration, but you will need to take up any financial aspects of the transactions with PayPal." I spoke with PayPal and there is no obligation to switch over. They were happy I was on Express Checkout. So why are are we being forced into a change by SellerDeck?

                As a cover customer spending something like £2k plus a year after 17 years of loyalty to SellerDeck, I would have hoped for something better in terms of looking out for their customers and understanding their businesses. I am trying to get my head around all of this but feel somewhat upset by it all. Its not how SellerDeck started.

                Phil Howell
                Director
                Intuition Un Ltd
                www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

                Also
                Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                  I appreciate my response is not exactly the same issue with 18.1 but it is relevant to others considering upgrading to 18.1 e.g 18.1 Warning.

                  We sell digital downloads and had SagePay (Opayo) and PayPal Express Checkout. We were keen to get 18.1 for the compatibility with WebP images and improved Google Rankings.

                  I spoke with SellerDeck support prior to upgrade and looked on the community/knowledgebase and at the 'available' upgrade information prior to upgrading, including this thread, and I did not come across anything to put me off (e.g we are not on Host-It). I then upgraded my 6 sites, in the same way I have done for 17 years. This time however, during the upgrade I noted the upgrade removes PayPal Express Checkout, replacing it with 'Paypal Commerce Platform'. After having switched all my sites over, and try to set up PayPal Commerce Platform, I find that I am being asked to agree to new terms and new fees. The new fees are an extra £20 a month payment plus an increase in fees from 2.9% to 3.4%. In addition going through the SellerDeck help files during to set up PayPal, its states "Note: this option will not be available if the cart contains only downloadable products." Given that is what we mainly sell, that is not great as it affects say 50% of our customers.

                  I asked SellerDeck about this. Q) "Please can someone explain what is going on as I have upgraded the sites only to find out these fee increases and reduction in function, when trying to set up PayPal." and the response was R) "Sorry I cannot help you there, I can help with the technical aspects of the new PayPal integration, but you will need to take up any financial aspects of the transactions with PayPal." I spoke with PayPal and there is no obligation to switch over. They were happy I was on Express Checkout. So why are are we being forced into a change by SellerDeck?

                  As a cover customer spending something like £2k plus a year after 17 years of loyalty to SellerDeck, I would have hoped for something better in terms of looking out for their customers and understanding their businesses. I am trying to get my head around all of this but feel somewhat upset by it all. Its not how SellerDeck started.
                  Hi Phil,

                  I'll reach out to my PayPal contact and ask their thoughts on the above.

                  In terms of the overall approach to adding PayPal Commerce Platform and removing previous legacy integrations, that wasn't only a decision by Sellerdeck.

                  Thanks, Josh.
                  Josh Barling
                  CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

                  josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

                  Comment


                    #24
                    The new fees are an extra £20 a month payment plus an increase in fees from 2.9% to 3.4%. In addition going through the SellerDeck help files during to set up PayPal, its states "Note: this option will not be available if the cart contains only downloadable products." Given that is what we mainly sell, that is not great as it affects say 50% of our customers.
                    That sounds odd. If I look at the standard paypal fees for 'Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments' and the 'New Checkout Solution' they're just 1.2% plus 30p for domestic payments which is less than their usual paypal 'commercial transaction' rate of 2.9% + 30p.
                    -----------------------------------------

                    First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

                    -----------------------------------------

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post

                      That sounds odd. If I look at the standard paypal fees for 'Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments' and the 'New Checkout Solution' they're just 1.2% plus 30p for domestic payments which is less than their usual paypal 'commercial transaction' rate of 2.9% + 30p.
                      Hi Mike,

                      Thanks for your response.

                      I would of course be happier on those rates. But from speaking to PayPal I am not on them. They confirmed I am on 2.9% plus fixed fee
                      https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_GB

                      Yesterday I was pointed to agree to new terms and rates here:
                      https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_GB

                      Please note


                      2.2 Monthly Fees
                      Product Monthly Fee
                      Website Payments Pro (including Express Checkout, Direct Payments API, Virtual Terminal and Fraud Management Filters) GBP 20.00
                      Virtual Terminal only GBP 20.00
                      Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments None
                      and the Transaction fees, I believe as I had Express Checkout, I would be on the Website Payments Pro. so the corresponding Transactions Fees below would apply. I may be wrong and misreading it. If there is a better deal I would like to know how to be on it.

                      2.3 Transaction Fees for Standard PayPal Payments with Express Checkout

                      The fee for Receiving Domestic payments (Selling) (alternatively known as the Commercial Transaction Rates applicable to domestic transactions) as outlined in the User Agreement applies to each domestic Standard PayPal Payment you receive via Express Checkout.

                      On and from August 19, 2019 the PayPal Merchant Rate no longer applies. In place of the PayPal Merchant Rate, the fee for Receiving Domestic payments (Selling) (alternatively known as the standard rate for receiving domestic transactions) as outlined in the User Agreement applies to each domestic Standard PayPal Payment you receive via Express Checkout.

                      2.4 Transaction Fees for receiving Card Payments The following fees apply to each domestic payment you receive from the following types of cards using the following Products:
                      Product Card Type Fee
                      Website Payments Pro Visa, Mastercard or Maestro

                      Blended Pricing Fee Structure

                      3.4% + Fixed Fee

                      Interchange Plus Fee Structure

                      Interchange Fee (approximately ranges from 0.2% to 2.0%)

                      + 2.90%

                      + Fixed Fee
                      Virtual Terminal (including when used as functionality in the Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments Product) Visa, Mastercard or Maestro Blended Pricing Fee Structure

                      1.2% + Fixed Fee
                      Interchange Plus Fee Structure

                      Interchange Fee (approximately ranges from 0.2% to 2.0%)


                      + 1.20%


                      + Fixed Fee
                      Advanced Credit and Debit Card Payments Visa, Mastercard or Maestro
                      Blended Pricing Fee Structure

                      1.2% + Fixed Fee

                      Interchange Plus Fee Structure

                      Interchange Fee (approximately ranges from 0.2% to 2.0%)


                      + 1.20%


                      + Fixed Fee
                      American Express 3.5%
                      On and from August 19, 2019 the PayPal Merchant Rate no longer applies. In place of the PayPal Merchant Rate, the PayPal Standard Rate applies.
                      Phil Howell
                      Director
                      Intuition Un Ltd
                      www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

                      Also
                      Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                      www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                      www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                      www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

                      Comment


                        #26
                        apologies it looks like the Forum only takes one link per post so the correct URL for the 'new' terms is https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_GB
                        Phil Howell
                        Director
                        Intuition Un Ltd
                        www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

                        Also
                        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                        www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                        www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                        www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Right. So that seems to be the rates for Paypal 'Pro'. Is there a reason you want to be using PayPal Pro rather than their normal checkout?
                          -----------------------------------------

                          First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

                          -----------------------------------------

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                            Right. So that seems to be the rates for Paypal 'Pro'. Is there a reason you want to be using PayPal Pro rather than their normal checkout?
                            Not to my knowledge. We just need to be able to have PayPal as a payment method. We were advised to go with Express Checkout. I understand now from SellerDeck and PayPay , reference to
                            Website Payments Pro (including Express Checkout, Direct Payments API, Virtual Terminal and Fraud Management Filters)
                            that these are now 'bundled together'.

                            I am just trying to understand it and failing.
                            Phil Howell
                            Director
                            Intuition Un Ltd
                            www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

                            Also
                            Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                            www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                            www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                            www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post

                              Hi Phil,

                              I'll reach out to my PayPal contact and ask their thoughts on the above.

                              In terms of the overall approach to adding PayPal Commerce Platform and removing previous legacy integrations, that wasn't only a decision by Sellerdeck.

                              Thanks, Josh.
                              Hi Josh,

                              Thanks for your engagement. I would welcome someone who understands it all, explaining it. Unlike past upgrades, this has not been straightforward. The payment methods I had have gone (PayPal Express Checkout) and unless I am misreading it, which is quite possible, the cost of it is going to go up and not down. I have my sites upgraded as I did not spot the issues with PayPal before hand.

                              Also the upgrade page does not appear to have any information on pre requisites, impacts, requirements or anything relevant to help users implement successfully.
                              http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/index...merce-software

                              Given I am without PayPal on our sites, I would welcome a speedy response.

                              Thanks

                              Phil
                              Phil Howell
                              Director
                              Intuition Un Ltd
                              www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

                              Also
                              Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                              www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                              www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                              www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

                              Comment


                                #30
                                So the comparison between PayPal Standard and Pro is here:

                                https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...iness-products

                                Pro gives you the following extra on top of paypal standard

                                - Free phone support (including after-hours)
                                - Customers pay without leaving your website
                                - Accept card payments via phone, fax, and mail (Virtual Terminal)
                                - Design and host your own checkout pages for full control

                                Customers are used to being handed over to PayPal / PSP so the only thing I'd miss on PayPal Standard is the Virtual Terminal but it looks like you can get one with Square for £0 per month and a flat 2.5% fee per transaction.
                                -----------------------------------------

                                First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

                                -----------------------------------------

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X