Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NormanRouxel
    replied
    I have many test sites on Ionos / Linux hosting. None are mission critical so I would be happy to test code that might fail.

Leave a comment:

• Goz
    replied
    Happy to help too Bruce

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    I can test if you tell me what to do...

Leave a comment:

• brucet
    replied
    Hi all.

With regard to the Crypt SSL and Net SSL issue, we believe we now have a fix for this that uses current Perl modules. However it really needs to be tested on some real-world hosting where the issue was encountered - rather than our own, or something we have configured artificially for the purpose, or even clean hosting from the same host that may not have the same setup.

If anyone here would like to test the fix, or could share some space on some affected hosting, please direct message me - thanks.

Leave a comment:

• brucet
    replied
    Thanks for all the information posted here. We are aware of the issue and have been following it up technically, looking for a solution that would be as widely applicable as possible. It's proved to be more complex than it first appeared, but we are actively investigating and will post here as soon as we have a definitive answer.

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    Strangely, just after my post above my ticket was re-opened:

Gary Green

14 minutes ago
    Hi,
    Thanks for getting back.
    So if the CEO on May 12th says the issue will be fixed 'within the next 3 weeks' how are Development saying two weeks later ...
    Indeed, what Josh said on the forum was correct at the time but things have changed.
    I can tell you that the Net::SSL issue is being worked on as a matter of urgency. We shall provide the fix to any customer that requires it as soon as the work is completed and tested, this should be in advance of the release of 18.2.
    We shall provide the fix to any customer that requires it as soon as the work is completed and tested
    Will Sellerdeck make an announcement?

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    This is support's response to the Crypt::SSLeay and Net:SSL deprecation

Activity
    • Your request status changed to Issue Resolved with resolution Solved.
      38 minutes agoLatest
    • Your request status changed to Waiting for support.
      1 hour ago
    • 1 hour ago - You closed this ticket prematurely and the ticket is certainly not resolved.
      On May 12th Josh was asked in the forum
      The pressing issue reported concerns Sellerdeck utilising Crypt SSL and Net SSL.
      When can we expect the fix to address this?
      Josh's reply then was
      The development for this was scheduled for v18.0.2 but has now
      been brought forward to v18.1.1 and v16.1.1 which should be available
      for download within the next 3 weeks.
      So if the CEO on May 12th says the issue will be fixed 'within the next 3 weeks' how are Development saying two weeks later
      This is under development and will be made available as a script replacement as well as being in a future release
      Is it too much to ask for different parts of Sellerdeck to give consistent advice?

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    And just for info, I resell Krystal Hosting and they have no immediate plans to upgrade Perl and all my client Sellerdeck sites on 18.1 are functioning correctly.

I am just hoping The SD patch/upgrade will come before the server perl upgrade!

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    We've developed a widget for upgrading to PayPal Commerce Platform
    What the post at ...

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...merce-platform

... does not mention is if you already have Widgets installed you have to go to 'Extensions' and download and run the widget installer again. Then close and reopen the software to view the PayPal Commerce Platform widget.

Leave a comment:

• mje
    replied
    Apologies if wrong thread, I signed the agreement with PayPal today "Complete Payments" - 1.4% and 20p for debit and credit cards.

I thought I'd try it, and was disappointed with what happened.

Placed an order on my site - chose "Pay with PayPal" > "credit or debit card" > "checkout as a guest"

Put my details and card in etc but noticed the amount showing in the cart, and in PayPal pop up didn't show the shipping cost.

I thought I'd done something wrong so called SD and explained, the chap who took the call explained that no this is correct.

He said if a customer chooses an "early checkout option" - once it's all completed the customer is returned to selling site from PayPal to complete... and any carriage fee is added at this point.

So I completed the purchase and indeed at the bottom of the PayPal window it says,
    We'll pre-authorise up to £XX.XX GBP on your card, then send you back to the seller to complete your purchase. If you don't complete it or the purchase amount changes, any pending pre-authorisations usually drop off within 1 working day.

I completed the purchase and as a customer got the PP emails instantly as normal and as the seller emails likewise - I down loaded the order and all good except the mobile phone number missing

Now, I don't known if this is the modern way, but as a customer I was disappointed that the shipping cost was not to be seen prior to entering my card details - for us, we ship perishable goods and the shipping @ £11.60 can be 25% of the invoice total on the smaller orders - I can see folk abandoning their orders at this point, feeling a little deceived maybe ?

Same transaction using my dummy account and the Sellerdeck checkout was completed in the normal, fully transparent way.

Leave a comment:

• graphicz
    replied
    Josh - That doesn't do anyting to address Crypt::SSLeay and Net:SSL deprecation.

According to support - yesterday May 24th

This is under development
    When asked for timescale they closed the ticket saying resolved which it obviously is not.

It would be an untenable situation if Sellerdeck only worked on its own hosting because Sellerdeck was the only hosting using depracated modules.

Because this is a serious issue Development need to do better than that and actually publish a time frame for the change.
    • SDCS-56741

Crypt::SSLeay and Net:SSL deprecation

Last edited by graphicz; 26-May-2021, 07:39 AM. Reason: Adding ticket link for Josh

Leave a comment:

• Josh Barling
    replied
    Hi All,

There will be an email sent out to all customers later this week, but I wanted to give you immediate visibility of this.

We've developed a widget for upgrading to PayPal Commerce Platform - this should hopefully make it easier to complete the upgrade. Instructions on how to use the widget are here - https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...merce-platform

Thanks, Josh.

Leave a comment:

• Buzby
    replied
    Originally posted by zgap111 View Post

I don't think the OP was on a Sellerdeck specific hosting package...
    I did start out on Sellerdeck specific hosting with Pinbrook, however over the years after Host-it took them over, when servers were changed etc I wasn't on Host-it Sellerdeck specific hosting by the end, for whatever reason.

I think the real problem was no one actually knew what the latest outdated version of Perl Sellerdeck would run on. If Sellerdeck didn't even know this, there there was no reason for Host-it to Know.

Leave a comment:

• John Ennals
    replied
    Ah, I see.

Leave a comment:

• zgap111
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzby View Post

My hosting was Pinbrook that was taken over by Host-it. I am on a multisite package and think over the years this has taken a different evolutionary route with the server that has now become an issue.

One option is to start moving the sites over to what they advertise as Sellerdeck hosting, but awaiting confirmation of the Perl on the site.

I don't think the OP was on a Sellerdeck specific hosting package...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X