No announcement yet.

V18.1 Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just for info, I resell Krystal Hosting and they have no immediate plans to upgrade Perl and all my client Sellerdeck sites on 18.1 are functioning correctly.

I am just hoping The SD patch/upgrade will come before the server perl upgrade!
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

This is support's response to the Crypt::SSLeay and Net:SSL deprecation

Activity
      • Your request status changed to Issue Resolved with resolution Solved.
        38 minutes agoLatest
      • Your request status changed to Waiting for support.
        1 hour ago
      • 1 hour ago - You closed this ticket prematurely and the ticket is certainly not resolved.
        On May 12th Josh was asked in the forum
        The pressing issue reported concerns Sellerdeck utilising Crypt SSL and Net SSL.
        When can we expect the fix to address this?
        Josh's reply then was
        The development for this was scheduled for v18.0.2 but has now
        been brought forward to v18.1.1 and v16.1.1 which should be available
        for download within the next 3 weeks.
        So if the CEO on May 12th says the issue will be fixed 'within the next 3 weeks' how are Development saying two weeks later
        This is under development and will be made available as a script replacement as well as being in a future release
        Is it too much to ask for different parts of Sellerdeck to give consistent advice?
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

Strangely, just after my post above my ticket was re-opened:

Gary Green

14 minutes ago
        Hi,
        Thanks for getting back.
        So if the CEO on May 12th says the issue will be fixed 'within the next 3 weeks' how are Development saying two weeks later ...
        Indeed, what Josh said on the forum was correct at the time but things have changed.
        I can tell you that the Net::SSL issue is being worked on as a matter of urgency. We shall provide the fix to any customer that requires it as soon as the work is completed and tested, this should be in advance of the release of 18.2.
        We shall provide the fix to any customer that requires it as soon as the work is completed and tested
        Will Sellerdeck make an announcement?

Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

Thanks for all the information posted here. We are aware of the issue and have been following it up technically, looking for a solution that would be as widely applicable as possible. It's proved to be more complex than it first appeared, but we are actively investigating and will post here as soon as we have a definitive answer.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi all.

With regard to the Crypt SSL and Net SSL issue, we believe we now have a fix for this that uses current Perl modules. However it really needs to be tested on some real-world hosting where the issue was encountered - rather than our own, or something we have configured artificially for the purpose, or even clean hosting from the same host that may not have the same setup.

If anyone here would like to test the fix, or could share some space on some affected hosting, please direct message me - thanks.

Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I can test if you tell me what to do...
              Jonathan Chappell
              Website Designer

Comment

Happy to help too Bruce
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

I have many test sites on Ionos / Linux hosting. None are mission critical so I would be happy to test code that might fail.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I’m happy to help, although I am now running on a server with the old Perl so not sure if it will be of use to you.
                    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have a V9 site that is now dead in the water.
                      Script changes provided from Norman have overcome most issues but now running into Crypt SSL and Net SSL issues, so happy to try anything if the changes are likely to also apply to a V9 site

Otherwise I will need to get a v18 site up and running very quickly but could end up in the same situation
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse
                      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                        I have a V9 site that is now dead in the water.
                        Script changes provided from Norman have overcome most issues but now running into Crypt SSL and Net SSL issues, so happy to try anything if the changes are likely to also apply to a V9 site

Otherwise I will need to get a v18 site up and running very quickly but could end up in the same situation
                        I really think you should upgrade to a later edition as I'm sure V9 has many more issues in 2021 than you are aware.

That said it may be worth contacting Host-it as they do run an old server with outdated Perl just for Sellerdeck.
                        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

I really think you should upgrade to a later edition as I'm sure V9 has many more issues in 2021 than you are aware.

That said it may be worth contacting Host-it as they do run an old server with outdated Perl just for Sellerdeck.
                          Yes that is the plan and did already purchase a later version but family health issues and other issues have got in the way of developing it so have just plodded on for now until stopped in my tracks, so just looking at my options to get back to work ASAP
                          Darren Guppy
                          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Yes that is the plan and did already purchase a later version but family health issues and other issues have got in the way of developing it so have just plodded on for now until stopped in my tracks, so just looking at my options to get back to work ASAP
                            The quickest way to get your site operational again is probably to set up some sellerdeck hosting with host-it. It should only take and hour or two to get going. I keep a cheap reseller account on the side as a just in case something goes wrong with my main host.
                            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Will take a look today
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post

I have now moved to Host-It and despite a couple issue initially appears to be close to be fully working (other than a few files to uplaod manually that are outside of Sellerdeck), but purchased a SSL certificate that I never got around to previously but on my main PC despite clearing caches, etc I am still seeing the non-ssl site and getting problems when adding to cart but works fine on another PC can a couple of people here visit and let me know if they are seeing the https secure site or non-secure and also if any errors adding to cart

www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk
                                Darren Guppy
                                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                                X