Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Status of Perl Versions, what works and what doesn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Status of Perl Versions, what works and what doesn't?

Does anyone know the current status of perl versions and what does work?

Is it just particular psp providors that are blighted by the newer versions?

I know we have issues sagepay/opayo on v18 with perl 5.26+ (missing/incompatible modules) but is the paypal commerce platform similarly affected?

Do we have an eta on a fix at all for the incompatible modules issue?

I don't know where Sellerdeck are on this. A while back Josh was saying

12-May-2021, 12:47 PM
    Originally posted by Mantra View Post
    The pressing issue reported concerns Sellerdeck utilising Crypt SSL and Net SSL.

When can we expect the fix to address this?
    The development for this was scheduled for v18.0.2 but has now been brought forward to v18.1.1 and v16.1.1 which should be available for download within the next 3 weeks.

This is assuming there are no major issues during QA, as we cannot delay the release of those versions.

Thanks, Josh.
    But I don't see any mention of it in the release notes for 18.1.1 or 18.1.2 so maybe they were unable to test or found some problems with the implementation.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      I don't know where Sellerdeck are on this. A while back Josh was saying
      Thanks Mike, I did look further into that thread and bruce said they had a fix that needed testing, and it looked like there were lots of offers, I wonder if anyone is actually testing a solution. Have pm'ed bruce hopefully he can tell me more, but would love to hear from anyone that is testing.

Comment

I'm trying to find out which version of Perl first excluded Net::SSL and Crypt:SSL. However it's not as simple as knowing the Perl version. If a server was upgraded from an earlier Perl version then the modules are likely to still be present, in which case they will still work. And some hosts may still add them.

We do have a fix now that uses LWP::UserAgent instead. Unfortunately we ran out of time to include it in v16.1.1 & v18.1.1. It will be included in v18.2.0 at least. If anyone would like to test the fix (the more the better - I think we can provide it as a script modification) then please direct message me via the Community - thanks.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I have followed up this question with one of our senior developers, but unfortunately there is no simple answer. There are different flavours of Perl from different suppliers and they don't all install the same set of modules with the same version of Perl. Plus different web hosts may install different optional modules regardless of the Perl version used.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
            I'm trying to find out which version of Perl first excluded Net::SSL and Crypt:SSL. However it's not as simple as knowing the Perl version. If a server was upgraded from an earlier Perl version then the modules are likely to still be present, in which case they will still work. And some hosts may still add them.

We do have a fix now that uses LWP::UserAgent instead. Unfortunately we ran out of time to include it in v16.1.1 & v18.1.1. It will be included in v18.2.0 at least. If anyone would like to test the fix (the more the better - I think we can provide it as a script modification) then please direct message me via the Community - thanks.

Thanks Bruce, can I get the script changes to try out please?

Rebecca

Comment

Working...
            X