Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Merchant Centre Disapproved Products & GA4

Hello all,

Having been forced in to upgrading to GA4 Analytics, we discover in our Merchant Centre that we started with 17k+ products on our site, all of which were "disapproved", citing missing shipping information. For some reason it has now dropped down to about 13k products in total (-4k), all of which still have missing shipping information and around 10k with missing brand and mpn.

I have no idea how to remedy the shipping issue, although it looks like there could be a blanket solution in the Google Merchant Centre? If anyone could enlighten me I'd be obliged.

For the brand and mpn, I have these variables populated in Sellerdeck and was of the understanding that a file was created and uploaded, which provides this information to Google and the like. Could it be that after six weeks Google still hasn't reviewed our site entire site and where have the missing 4k products gone despite the fact they are still there?

I'd appreciate any insight that might help us get back on track.

Many thanks,
    Steve

Originally posted by stevewhyte View Post
    Hello all,

Having been forced in to upgrading to GA4 Analytics, we discover in our Merchant Centre that we started with 17k+ products on our site, all of which were "disapproved", citing missing shipping information. For some reason it has now dropped down to about 13k products in total (-4k), all of which still have missing shipping information and around 10k with missing brand and mpn.
    Hi Steve

We had something similar happen and could not get access to Merchant Centre Products diagnostics to determine what was causing the problem so I tried to re-process the data feed and found this to be failing.

You may have something similar so I suggest you check out my post in the link below:
    https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ta-feed-failed

The "google-products.xml" file for our site is located on C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck\Sellerdeck v18\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML\google-products.xml and this can be opened to view as an XML table in Excel where you can see the listing for the feed upload.

If you have uploaded the latest "Google Universal Product Feed Layout" and have duplicated products it is worth checking to see if these have been included in the "google-products.xml" file list.

When I upgraded from v16 to v18.2.0, I found that duplicated products where not listed in the "google-products.xml" file that was uploaded following a notification from Google of a drop in the number of active products listed.

I raised a ticket with SD support at the time and got this resolved by replacing a variable in 2 lines of the "Google Universal Feed Layout" code (SDCS-59394), however, when I upgraded from v18.2.0 to v18.2.2, I found that the variable on these code lines had reverted back to previous so the duplicated products were not included on the "google-products.xml" file list again and the fix had to be re-applied.

You may also need to check that any other "Google Universal Feed Layout" changes / customisations previously applied are included in the latest layout.

Remember when changing any layout code always to make a copy before changing and take a site snapshot for back up just in case.
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Comment

If you haven't made any changes to the feed yourself, you could try right-clicking the "Google Universal Product Feed Layout" in the Library and selecting 'Revert to Factory Settings'. Do right-click and copy the layout first, though, just in case.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you very much gentlemen. I will look at all of this and see if anything becomes obvious (or more likely, not).

All the best,
        Steve

Comment

Resolved I believe using Martin's extremely helpful post tagged above. Certainly everything that was wrong was as described so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again gents!

Comment

Working...
          X