ClearAccept checkout freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClearAccept checkout freezing

I've had a couple of cases this month where customers have tried to pay using ClearAccept, but the checkout froze after the "Please wait - Saving order..." overlay appeared.

In the first case, from France, the bank's two-step verification screen was appearing behind the overlay but was inaccessible - the customer sent me this screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FrenchVisa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	557063

The second case was a regular customer who has successfully checked out on previous occasions using the same card via ClearAccept. It feels as though ClearAccept's server was not responding.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen this issue in SDD 18.2.3, or similar in 18.2.2 but without the Please wait message.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

I had similar issues a few months ago. SD Support investigated and found that the upgrade to 18.2.3 (and, to be honest, probably all 18.2 versions I'd been on) hadn't completed correctly for the checkout process.

They supplied me with a couple of layouts to replace the badly upgraded layouts and the checkout has been rock solid ever since.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Unfortunately, I am losing confidence in the Sellerdeck platform. This morning, a customer told me his page was still spinning after waiting for nearly an hour, so he called me.
      I took his payment over the phone as the order came through as a pending payment.
      I will be contacting support.

Comment

Originally posted by Seorch View Post
        Unfortunately, I am losing confidence in the Sellerdeck platform. This morning, a customer told me his page was still spinning after waiting for nearly an hour, so he called me.
        I took his payment over the phone as the order came through as a pending payment.
        I will be contacting support.
        I was having those sorts of problems too. The revised layouts fixed it for me.
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

I'm experiencing this today.

You may of seen my other thread - Two customers now called and said the check out is failing using ClearAccept - they get an error 500 pop up ............

Tried it using my own debit card and got the same - screenshot

You abandon the page, but the order comes through as paid ........... but if customer tries more than once, ClearAccept is charging them more than once ................customer is unaware that transaction is complete. No conformation page, no emails, nothing

Last person has been charged £132 twice and rang to pay again by telephone .... transactions showing in ClearAccept portal,

This is very poor.......trying to raise a ticket, have called not picking up. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67161345.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	557076

I have suspended the catalog as it's not very fair on any customers to be charged multiple times and then us have to explain and refund.
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

I'm wondering whether this is connected with the changes made to the checkout in 18.2.3, e.g. PSP-926 in the release notes? Given recent and anticipated issues with ClearAccept I've reverted my site to 18.2.2, so I'll let you know if I see similar issues in the coming days.

As a footnote to my original post in which I mentioned a UK customer who experienced a similar issue, she tried again with the same card a few hours later and the payment went through without a problem. In that instance, the first attempt ended up in the PSP Pending tab, so there was no double payment.

John
            John Ennals
            www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Just to record what is happening, I received three orders from 1030 to 1130 with no issues, but from 1145 to 1250, I received three calls saying they could not get through the payment page, and this popped up.
              I tried myself with some test orders at 1300, and they seemed to go through without issue.

ClearAccept PrepareComponentButton Token

Comment

Originally posted by Seorch View Post
                Just to record what is happening, I received three orders from 1030 to 1130 with no issues, but from 1145 to 1250, I received three calls saying they could not get through the payment page, and this popped up.
                I tried myself with some test orders at 1300, and they seemed to go through without issue.
                Looks to me like the checkout process hasn't upgraded properly. I had elements missing like this... and it only happened occassionally. What version of SD are you on?
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

I''ll bear that in mind Andy, Im using 18.2.3 YBLA.
                  I used the ticket system this morning and have not had a reply back today.
                  I was expecting a reply to an ApplePay test issue yesterday but no reply.
                  It's been very quiet that end.

Comment

Mark, John

Originally posted by mje View Post
                    I'm experiencing this today.

You abandon the page, but the order comes through as paid ........... but if customer tries more than once, ClearAccept is charging them more than once ................customer is unaware that transaction is complete. No conformation page, no emails, nothing

Last person has been charged £132 twice and rang to pay again by telephone .... transactions showing in ClearAccept portal,

This is very poor.......trying to raise a ticket, have called not picking up. Click image for larger version  Name:	image_67161345.JPG Views:	10 Size:	205.0 KB ID:	557076

I have suspended the catalog as it's not very fair on any customers to be charged multiple times and then us have to explain and refund.
                    My suggestion here would always have the payment method configured to 'Pre-authorise transactions' rather than 'Charge transactions immediately' this should overcome the risk of a customer being charged more than once as the actual payment is only taken when committed on processing the order, although payments not committed may still show as pending for a day or two on the customers card statement.

I do consider this to be a safeguard just in case something happens that delays or prevents orders charged from being processed for any reason.

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post

The second case was a regular customer who has successfully checked out on previous occasions using the same card via ClearAccept. It feels as though ClearAccept's server was not responding.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen this issue in SDD 18.2.3, or similar in 18.2.2 but without the Please wait message.

John
                    I am using SD18.2.2 and have just completed the changes to the 'Standard Javescript Header Layout' set out in Knowledge Base | Online Store Issues post below to resolve (hopefully!) some Sellerdeck Fails PCI-DSS Scan issues:
                    https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...can#post557050

I tried a couple of test orders after this change which completed OK but I did notice there was a delay where the screen was momentarily greyed out (no message presented) until the transaction was completed - is this normal?

Does the 'Please wait ...' message only appear in SD18.2.3?
                    Martin
                    Mantra Audio

Comment

I dont have any reports of freezing checkouts or Errors, but i have has 1 customer reach out asking where his order was from the 12th, looked at it and it was showing NO payment info, customer provided proof of payment, logged into clear accept and found the payment.

I really hope this is just a 1 off

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra View Post
                        Does the 'Please wait ...' message only appear in SD18.2.3?
                        Yes, the message feature was added in 18.2.3. 18.2.2 just shows a plain grey overlay.

John
                        John Ennals
                        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

A customer called me yesterday (Sunday) to say he couldn't pay because he reached the payment page and encountered an error. Again, I took the card details over the phone. Why is this happening? It should be 100% error-free at all times.

Comment

I had another one this morning. The customer entered his card details, screen went grey and '"nothing happened". As I've reverted my site to 18.2.2, it appears this issue is not confined to 18.2.3.

I also had problems with the ClearAccept portal over the weekend, either loading slowly or not loading at all and showing a "Technical error" message.

Support ticket raised.
                            John Ennals
                            www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

We've stayed on 18.2.2 and so far no reported problems like this
                              - we once had a problem where the final checkout page would not show the card fields, giving a pop with "Error: Forbidden", this was to do with "invalid phone number"

Comment

Working...
                              X