• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Server issues

Just running

Web > Configure Web Site Details....

confirming each setting.

When it gets to the Mail Server screen, I enter all the details correctly, click Next and I get the error message :

Unable to locate the test file C:\Program Files (x86)\SellerDeck\SellerDeck v18\.\Original\SmtpLibrary.pm

This is on version 18.0.0 SEGA
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Probably YASB (Yet Another SellerDeck Bug). In 18.0.0 SEGA that file is now in

C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck\Sellerdeck v18\Versioned\18.0.0.0.0.0.SEGA\Original
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, the wizard seems to be looking in the old location. I've raised a ticket, SD-7364.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Actually the same problem occurs in v16.0.3, so it's not a new issue. But you are the first to report it.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Is this just a problem with the Wizard or does it stop you sending emails? I am getting this with 16.0.3 but my main problem is that my website won't send emails (I started a thread about this in the Sellerdeck 16 forums).

Comment

Changing hosts... Decided to run that Wizard... got this problem.

On v18.02 SHUA

Network testing fails, but uploaded site, and site seems to run fine...

Comment

Just got this...

Solution: Bug (ref. SD-7364)

This query has been caused by a bug, there is currently no workaround.
              I have added your query as a field report to the bug.
              Although the query is closed, the bug will be reviewed for fixing in a future release.
              Still not fixed...

Comment

Still getting C:\Program Files (x86)\SellerDeck\SellerDeck v18\.\Original\SmtpLibrary.pm on 16.0.6 and 18.0.4!
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer
                SellerDeck Website Designer
                Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

I thought I posted this... I haven't tried it, so not sure if it helps with the "test"

I tried using the wizard, but that's broken since v16...

There is a workaround for this. When the wizard gets to the SMTP test dialog box, blank the SMTP server field and the email address field then remove the ticks from both tick boxes and click next, the wizard will then complete. You can then enter the missing SMTP details and email address details into the software before upload.
                  Last edited by G.W.Green; 25-Nov-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X