2018 Can't Change SmtpPort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Can't Change SmtpPort

In SD 2016 I have sites using sendgrid for smtp emails. I change the SmtpPort in Actinic.pm and in TestSettings.pl from 25 to 2525 and this has been working fine for years. However, testing out upgrading to SD 2018, I have imported a snapshot, and gone to Actinic.pm and TestSettings.pl to make the usual port changes, but there is nothing on there to change. I have made numerous searches and have scrolled through. Test in Network Settings fails because of this. Any ideas to do this?

Sarah

A lot of code has been moved to a new file "SmtpLibrary.pm". Look there for:

my $nPort = 25;

and

$nSmtpPort = 25;

It's a real pity that when making this change SD didn't take the time to create and use a new Variable for this setting. About 2 minutes to do and another few to add it to the Help and Variable Reference Guide.

Note that this library is now used by the Network Test (TestSettings.pl) so there's nothing needing patching there anymore.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, but still problem

Thanks Norman. I have changed the Smtp Port from 25 to 2525 in SmtpLibrary.pm as you said, but still get the same error message when doing Test in Network Settings in SD 2018, telling me to check smtp server name, user name and password , which are the same as ever, and working fine on my live site in SD 2016. Stumped.

Sarah

Comment

Did you remember to do a site update to put the changes live? I sometimes forget.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ah!

Do you mean I have to publish the SD 2018 site first? I didn't want to do that yet.

Sarah

Comment

Yes. That's it. Because the changes are made in the perl scripts they have to be live on the site (or test site) for them to take effect.

Comment

Thanks Mike

I shall publish it when things are quiet and Sellerdeck support are available (slight contradiction in terms).

Sarah

Comment

but still get the same error message when doing Test in Network Settings in SD 2018
                Hmmm.. I don't think that the Network Test needs a prior Update or Refresh. It uploads the test files (including SmtpLibrary.pm as ml00000<script ID>.pm) independently.

Comment

but still get the same error message when doing Test in Network Settings in SD 2018

Hmmm.. I don't think that the Network Test needs a prior Update or Refresh. It uploads the test files (including SmtpLibrary.pm as ml00000<script ID>.pm) independently.
                  That would make sense.

Although it also sounds like the kind of thing that could cause problems if it's trying to load a V18 mail script onto a V16 live site. I'm sure they'll have worked out a way of avoiding problems though.

Comment

I have a huge number of test sites from Actinic V8 to SD 2018 on a single 1&1 domain.

And an even larger number on an Apache 2.2 server running on my own PC.

They're all in separate sub-directories.

There's only 1 cgi-bin so I just make sure that my CGI Script ID Numbers start like 08001, 08002 ... 18001, 18002 for the V8 ... V18 sites respectively.

I have a small PHP script the I use (PHP installed on my PC's) that I use to generate a test site here. It inputs a site-name and then creates the appropriate site folder on the server, generates a fresh CGI Script ID and builds the settings import file for the SD network setup. Saves a LOT of time and removes a source of input errors.

Comment

I am testing this too.

I have updated SmtpLibrary.pm to use port 587

I can't get email to work.

My host is telling me the calls are being made on port 25.......
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I have a huge number of test sites from Actinic V8 to SD 2018 on a single 1&1 domain.

And an even larger number on an Apache 2.2 server running on my own PC.

They're all in separate sub-directories.
                        I suspect Sarah isn't using a test site, otherwise there wouldn't be any concern about not doing an upload until cover support are active.

Comment

Can it be done in "test mode"? (instead of "production" mode)
                          - it normally creates a test folder within the existing acatalog folder

Comment

You can't run a network test when SellerDeck is in Test Mode - all the network settings become unavailable to edit in the Network Setup screen.
                            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Confirmed... all greyed...

Comment

Working...
                              X