No announcement yet.

Just downloaded latest patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jules has pointed out that your site doesn't render properly using Firefox, she is correct when I view the site in FF I get the same issue with the mailing signup breking the left nav. You probably are viewing the site using IE which is why you don't see it. It's up to you to decide if you want your site to render correctly in all browsers

Comment

Looks like there is a browser compatibility problem with your site design. Your pages look fine in Internet Explorer, which I'm guessing is the browser you are using. But in both Firefox and Chrome the newsletter registration overlaps the main text of the page.

The other issue is best referred to support, that's an unusual error and I'm not sure what it means.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Looks like your error message is cause by some hard coding of links and a different script number being used.

Your cart link:

Code:
        http://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000003.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART

Your mailform link:

Code:
        http://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

Go to the design tab, click on the contact us link and see what appears in the code view.

Comment

I have access to IE and the form looks as it should - also we use an Apple at "work" and it is OK in Safari too.

Just installed Firefox onto this laptop, and its all over the shop, exactly as reported.

Mailchimp - checked out their FAQ and forum and it would appear that this is a known issue, although most seem to work around it.I found an old (2005 article) where they say Firefox is used by 8.5% of Internet users, so it is a significant number, interestingly they say only 1.2% use Safari, five years on I guess the % have increased.

Go to the design tab, click on the contact us link and see what appears in the code view.
          - cheers, but probably best if I leave alone for now.

The text is published in the terms and conditions - but for what ever reason is the same colour as the background, hence invisable unless highlighted with mouse.

What I just do not understand, in 10.0.0 all was OK, all I did was download 10.0.1 and areas have changed as described - although the form probably was misbehaving in browsers other than IE and Safari.
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Firefox is nudging 25% of users now. IE is down to around 60%. And I'm afraid there's still a problem when *I* view it in Safari. But it's probably unique to me
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

- cheers, but probably best if I leave alone for now.
              Well managed to resist for 5 minutes

Line 75 <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="WebSiteURL"/>cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM">Contact Us</a>
              Changed the 0001.pl to 0003.pl, refreshed and am delighted to say the form is visable again......Thank you.
              Why though, would just one page be different to all the others? Is it something I have done / not done properly?

Comment

And I'm afraid there's still a problem when *I* view it in Safari.
                I just asked my sister to have a look as she uses Safari, and she said it was misaligned too but on ours it is perfect.

Might as well just delete it, only get around to sending a newsletter twice a year anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                  Also had this reported this afternoon.

Error: There was a problem with some information in the online shop so we cannot take your order. Please contact the shop owner with this information so that they can rectify the problem. Details: The version number (27) of one of your uploaded data files (Setup blob) is incompatible with the existing script version (25). Solution: Refresh the site.

We have refreshed the site and unfortunately it has not rectified the error.

Also SEARCHED it Darren, no matches found........ Ho hum indeed.
                  FTP to your site and delete everything off the server (actinic related) then completely refresh your site.

ps twice you said you searched and twice someone told you the answer is here, i was only drawing your attention to that, i was not throwing rocks or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Appreciated.

I still can't see why settings appear to change themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                      Appreciated.

I still can't see why settings appear to change themselves?
                      TBH they don't. You will have changed thr script ID at some stage, maybe not recently. Also the css can not change itself but may be a knock on effect of something else.

Comment

You will have changed thr script ID at some stage
                        Indeed, I remember do this ages ago when the site (then V8) I think would not upload properly, but the contact us page fault now fixed had the original script ID yesterday, anyway sorted now, but just curious.

Comment

I would replace

Code:
                          <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="WebSiteURL"/>cgi-bin/mf000003.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM">Contact Us</a>
                          with this:

Code:
                          <a href="<actinic:variable name="SendMailPageLink" />"><actinic:variable name="SendMailText" /></a>
                          and then the problem will never arise again if you change the script ID.

Comment

Working...
                          X