Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sean

Sorry to hear about the crash there.

We are keen to investigate that this end, do you have a dump file in your catalog installation folder (normally C:\Program Files\Actinic v10), they end .dmp. If there are several it will be the one with the time of the problem

If you have one, would you be able to throw it over to dlsupport at actinic dot co dot uk (sorry for the odd representation of may mail address, else spammers would have a field day!)

Thanks in advance.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      After extensive testing of the fix for the blank error on exit, we've been unable to reproduce the issue on two machines that presented it before. So we're confident we now have the solution.

The fix will be in v10.0.3, which we hope to release as a beta in a few weeks. I will post here as soon as it's available. It will also include the other Windows 7 work, some performance improvements for larger sites, some more Actinic Payments enhancements, and other bug fixes.
      Just upgraded to v10.0.3 I am using windows 7.

I still get an empty error box and error beep on closing actinic.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Tried installing actinic v10.0.3 on a brand new windows 7 home premium 64bit machine. Brand new.. totally clean machine.. Nothing else installed.
        Actinic v10.0.3 closes with a red cross error message (with no message) and error beeps. Not every time, but about 50% of the time. Seems random.

Open actinic, do nothing, close actinic.... no error.
        Open actinic again, do nothing, close actinic, get error message and beep.

Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

That's disappointing

In that case it would be worth raising a fresh issue with support and sending them any dump files you have. There must be another cause.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

yes it is,

ok, I'll grab the dump file next time it happens and send it to support.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi,
              Just had the blank error box and beep on closing. Actinic 10.0.3 Windows 7.
              I have the dmp file that was written, and have contacted support.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've had the red cross on closing actinic twice today on my XP machine, so I'm presuming that points to a software specific problem rather than OS. Not sure if that helps any further, just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Comment

I had that empty error message box problem on an XP machine at one point, but it seemed to be an installation problem caused it, as I had to reinstall because Actinic was so unstable, whereupon--it vainshed never to be seen again.
                  Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                  www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Just FYI

V10.03, W7 64-bit
                    We were doing lot's of hierarchical import testing yesterday.
                    Sometimes, we'd compress the database between imports and sometimes not - no problems.
                    We did three consecutive imports (deleting and purging products between each one) without compressing or closing Actinic.
                    After the third import, Actinic crashed out without an error message, a 'Bing!' or anything else.
                    On re-loading Actinic, the import had worked OK and all was fine.
                    Kind Regards
                    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Site pages not updating

Came across an odd problem which is Win7 related. I did a 'Publish to Web' for a site I had altered and surprisingly found just one page was not updated although all the others were. I eventually traced this to the fact that I was using the file explorer in windows to look at the SiteHTML folder and had left one file selected, displaying its contents in the right hand side of the display. It appears that Win7 locks that page against update as shutting the folder view and running a second 'Publish to Web' updated all the pages.

This appears to be a general problem with some programs and not just Actinic when used with Win7 (x64 at least).

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                      Custom Packages

Comment

In summary?

So, all-in-all, would you recommend or not having Actinic V10 running on xp or Windows 7?

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah.
                          I'm doing an update on our website changing from v9 to v10.03, it's up and running as a test site and I have had only minor hicups, no major problems. As far as the test site I'm running goes I would vive V10 a thumbs up.
                          It seems to be OK for me on XP, Vista and Win7. The Win7 problem seems to mainly be the 64 bit version of Win7 from what I hear on here.
                          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Hi guys,

i take it Actinic is stable with Win 7 32 bit? Is it just 64 bit OS thats an issue at the moment?

thanks

mario

Comment

Seems that way to me..
                              Steve Griggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazydizzle View Post
                                Hi guys,

i take it Actinic is stable with Win 7 32 bit? Is it just 64 bit OS thats an issue at the moment?

thanks

mario
                                unfortunately I have the same issues on my win7 32 bit and win7 64 bit machines.. theres no difference.
                                Support do seem to be on the case though in trying to sort it out.. They have been looking at my DMP files to try and suss out what is causing the issues. Actinic is working ok, just closing with an error beep and blank error box about 25% of the time. The error does appear to be a 'phantom error' as if I open actinic and close again it will close without the error.

It is disconcerting however I agree.
                                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                                X