No announcement yet.

BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are testing a few fixes which should address most of the issues in this thread, and improve running with Windows 7 generally. We hope to have an alpha build with these fixes in 3-4 weeks. I will post here as soon as it's available.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

looking forward to it.

Comment

v10.0.3 is now available as a beta test version. For details see
        http://community.actinic.com/showpos...02&postcount=1

This version runs in Windows 7 native mode instead of Vista compatibility mode. It closes two loopholes that could cause a crash with empty error message on exit, and has some other fixes that may be relevant here.

It would be very helpful if as many people as possible in this thread could participate in the beta test, and let us know whether or not you find it better than 10.0.2 under Windows 7. Unfortunately the beta can't be installed on the same PC as v10.0.2, but you can upload to the same site in Test Mode without overwriting your live store.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Unfortunately the beta can't be installed on the same PC as v10.0.2
          Unfortunately I only have one pc with windows 7 on.
          So I cant test this. Hope someone else can give feedback

Comment

If you have Win7 pro (or higher) then you can install Win 7 XP Mode which is a virtual machine that you can use to load it into.

Comment

Curious if anyone that commented on this thread has taken part in the Beta program yet?
              Benjamin Dyer
              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                If you have Win7 pro (or higher) then you can install Win 7 XP Mode which is a virtual machine that you can use to load it into.
                will this help? I thought the problems were due to windows 7 and actinic interaction. Running 10.0.3 in XP mode wont show us if the problems have been fixed will they?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                  Curious if anyone that commented on this thread has taken part in the Beta program yet?
                  Most likely will do on beta 2, as i am building in 10.0.2 on said machine at the moment and it's my only W7 machine. Have mentioned to Bruce about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive.Aspen View Post
                    will this help? I thought the problems were due to windows 7 and actinic interaction. Running 10.0.3 in XP mode wont show us if the problems have been fixed will they?
                    Depends on the problems you're referring to. Obviously you can't check anything Win7 related but you should be able to test/try out other fixes/changes.

Comment

I'm afraid I cant.. I hope someone else is able to!

Comment

sorry my win7 64bit system is my live site, so only testing on win7 32bit systems im afraid.

Comment

I was always on 32-bit professional and very busy with live sites! Sorry not tested it.
                          Hanson Web Design
                          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Anyone upgraded to 10.0.3 yet and has anything to report on these W7 issues?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                              Anyone upgraded to 10.0.3 yet and has anything to report on these W7 issues?
                              sorry Lee i had hoped to start this week but work loads have changed and now the middle of next week before i get a chance. But will update you on how it goes with w7 64bit

Darren

Comment

W7 64-bit
                                I installed 10.0.3 and imported a V9 snapshot.
                                Actinic crashed about half way through.
                                Then opened again and it seems to have finished the import OK.
                                Kind Regards
                                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X