Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email address different to domain name - problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email address different to domain name - problems!

Hi

I have my site setup using a subdomain (www.something.domain.co.uk) but my email address is setup without the sub section (name@domain.co.uk)

I have my domain and email setup on 1and1 and use auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk in Actinics network setup, no user pass etc.

My domain is forwarding to a Heart internet server ip address. Long story but basically, 1and1 servers wont work with Actinic payments. The site is now working great APART from emails, both to the store owner and to the customer.

I have tried setting it to localhost and although the test passes and the customer gets emails, the 'you have orders wiating to be downloaded' email isnt working.

My test (with the auth 1and1 settings) fails with the message;

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: passed

Im assuming its the fact that my email address differs to my web address because of the extra word on the subdomain. Does anyone have any ideas?!

Cheers

I doubt this is anything to do with a subdomain. I have subdomains on test regularly on 1and1 servers without any email issues. Unless you configure Actinic to send a copy of the order to another email address then you will only get one email to say you have orders to download until you have downloaded the orders - you will not get an email per order.

What do you mean by Actinic Payments won't work on 1and1 servers wont work with Actinic payments? I have stores on 1and1 with AP and haven't experienced any problems that I am aware of.

Comment

I have my domain and email setup on 1and1 and use auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk in Actinics network setup, no user pass etc.
      Just wondering if you need user password etc to get rid of the authentication error message

Comment

This may well be the case if your domain is not hosted on 1and1.

Comment

Working...
        X