Discounts problem - VAT on value discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts problem - VAT on value discount

I'm trying to set up a discount coupon to offer a discount of a fixed amount rather than a percentage when the appropriate coupon code is entered. The discount I want to offer is a fixed £30 providing the sale is at least £100.

There are 3 options (other than the no coupon option) relating to VAT - these are (1) cart val ex tax, (2) cart value inc actual tax, and (3) cart value inc default tax.

The £30 discount I want to offer is a total discount, i.e. inc VAT, i.e.£25+VAT.

If I set the discount value as £30, all 3 options grant £36 discount, i.e. £30+VAT. This is not what I want. If I enter a discount of £30 I want the the discount to be £30 and not £36. I assume that the option selected is ignored as the discount is a fixed amount, but do I have to calculate it as an ex-VAT figure or should Actinic take care of that for me? If I state to my customers their discount is £30, and we set it at £25 (ex-VAT) there will be some who will moan they are only getting £25 discount.

I don't mind entering it as £25 ex-VAT but can it be shown on the invoice as a VAT-inclusive deduction at the very end of the calculation?

Nick
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same problem but with a mix of VAT'able and non-VAT'able products I can't use the £25.00 option and cope with the moans.

Comment

Working...
    X