Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jan

Allways understood the features but never understood fully the program

With a system with multi user and the database on a server, does 1 step mean you also have to heva actinic running as well as i step on each workstation or does 1 step just link direct to the databases and run independently

If it works directly onto the databases, is there sync to stop two users changing the same data

I understand the features but not a scematic of how it interfaces with actinic and if it would be faster than directly using actinic compared with 1 step i.e. opening a order or makeing one (not the features but the timing if you know what i mean)
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Jan,

Will the import feature be available for the Actinic only version in the future?

Also my DespatchExpress.mev file that I spent loads of time getting right for the Actinic only version work OK on the multi-channel version? Just tried it and it didn't look right.
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet
      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Hi Les,

You would need to redo the view for 1stoporders, the views are based on the database and the two systems use different databases.

I will add import to the wish list for the Actinic version.

Forgot to mention earlier but Royal mail are replacing despatch express with a new system - Despatch manager online (DMO) and we have views available for that for both versions of OSOP.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
          Hi Jan
          Allways understood the features but never understood fully the program
          The Actinic specific version uses the Actinic database, it is quicker to find, view and edit orders through our program than using the Actinic interface. The multichannel version has it's own database, orders are copied over into it.

You do no have to have Actinic running or installed on the machines that OSOP runs on but you do have to have network access to the directory that has the database in it.

We have a record locking schema in place for our programs but it's not the same as the one that Actinic use, so we strongly recommend that you use either Actinic or the other one for editing orders.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Hi Les,

You would need to redo the view for 1stoporders, the views are based on the database and the two systems use different databases.

I will add import to the wish list for the Actinic version.

Forgot to mention earlier but Royal mail are replacing despatch express with a new system - Despatch manager online (DMO) and we have views available for that for both versions of OSOP.

Regards,
            Hi Jan,

Thanks for adding the 'import' feature to the wish list.

I will be moving over to Despatch Manager Online (DMO) soon but I think after speaking to Royal Mail only a few services are on the online version at the moment, eg. only Royal Mail 'Tracked' (I don't think Airmail / 1st class / 2nd class are on the online system yet).

Royal Mail did say the batch import that works with Despatch Express would import fine into Despatch Manager Online without any changes. But are you saying that Despatch Manager Online will need a new 'view' totally?
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet
            Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Jan
              I am interested in the Mole-End One Step Order processing.

I am using the U.S. version of 8.5 and am planning to upgrade to V11 when available.

Can you please get back to me regarding compatibility with both.

Thanks
              Dave
              dave@baypressservices.com
              www.baypressservices.com

Comment

We don't have a us specific version of OSOP but it should be fine. There are two versions, one is actinic specific and one it multichannel, if you want to update Actinic from OSOP then you should use the one from the mole end site (link in sig) otherwise use this one. It will work with the US version of Actinic and may work with some of the other channels but we haven't specifically tested any of those.

Comment

Working...
                X