Importing Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Products

I have been given data containing thousands of products to import onto Actinic and update our existing products. It is in flat file format, however the products are still catagorised into sections (and sub-sections within the sections), the data also contains other fields not supported by an Actinic flat file import.
    I know I will probably have to convert it to a hierarchical file, however the flatfileconvertor.exe will not run for some reason and I am lost for answers now.
    A nudge in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.

The flatfileconverter needs to be run from within the Actinic directory and in admin mode. What happens when you try running it?

Comment

How do I run it from within the Actinic directory? I was trying to run it by finding it in the program files and run it from there as it is a .exe file. When I try this it says it has experienced a problem and needs to close

Comment

Open windows explorer and go to the Actinic directory under Program Files. You should see the executable file there. Right click on it and select to Run as administrator.(presuming that you are running Win7)

Comment

I seem to remember there was a problem with the flatfile converter supplied with version 10. If you have version 9 installed then try that one instead.
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Crystal Healing Jewellery
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Thanks Duncan, I tried this but the program just will not run, and I do not have v9 Andy. Completely stuck for ideas but it must be done somehow!

Comment

Contact Actinic support and ask for a copy of the converter for v9?

Comment

Working...
              X