Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading orders since I upgraded to windows server 2008 R2

Hi All

I recently upgraded my dedicated windows 2003 server to Windows Server 2008 R2 and migrated all of my websites across.

There are a number of big differences between IIS 6 and IIS 7.5, and configuring websites has become a little trickier, more so with Actinic it seems.

I have configured my Actinic sites, have perl running, folder permissions are set correctly and I can upload / refresh the website ok. On the website itself I can browse and place an order sucessfully. (and a .ord file is created on the server)

My problem arises when i try and download the order. I get a permissions related error. I have triple checked permissions and they seem fine (IIS User, ftp user, even added AppPool user but it didnt make a difference), so i think the message is a red herring.

The error file on the server reads :

Program = CATALOG , Program version = 23357 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/7.5 , Return code = 200 , Date and Time = 28/05/2012 13:43:00, Internal Errors = unable to read No such file or directory

I am wondering whether i need to specify MIME Types for *.ord, *.occ or add handler mappings of some kind?

There is currently no information on configuring Actinic hosting for Windows Server 2008 R2 / IIS 7.5 availble online or via Actinic yet, although I have put a request in for it to be added to the wish list.

If anyone has successfully setup an Actinic website in IIS 7.5 and can download orders ok, can you please tell me how you did it and put me out of my misery :-) I have been on this for a few days and nights now and a have a few potentially unhappy clients with websites they cant download orders from.

Any help with this would be appreiciated.

cheers

Still no joy

Im still having the same problem on all the actinic websites im hosting on IIS 7.5. I think I have tried every possible configuration change in IIS but im still having no success downloading orders, despite everything else working perfectly.

Given that I have had no response from anyone in 3 days with advice on this problem and that there are no IIS 7 hosting setup guides available to refer to, I am left wondering if its even possible to setup actinic hosting on Windows Server 2008 and have the ability to download orders as well?

Can anyone at least confirm this for me please? If there is a compatibilty issue then i need to move these sites on to a server that works with actinic.

Comment

A quick search of the forum throws up many posts regarding difficulties running Actinic on a Windows server, even without the latest update. Cut your losses and move the Actinic sites to a Linux server with a decent host.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for the advice but i have been successfully running a number Actinic websites on a dedicated windows 2003 server problem free for well over 7 years. It is only since i recently had to upgrade my server to Windows 2008 Server and recongfigure my actinic sites in IIS 7.5 that these problems occurred.

Cutting my losses? On a dedicated server is easier said than done im afraid as I host a number of ASP driven sites as well. I dont think the solution is to disregard Windows Server as a possible hosting platform, as it is popular and prefered by many.

I feel that the problem is likely an IIS configuration issue.

Orders (*.ord) files are created on the server but cant be downloaded by actinic. (i can manually download orders via ftp (filezilla). Permissions on the files seem to be fine?

Comment

Actinic normally locks the permissions pretty tightly on the order files as a security precaution. IIRC you shouldn't be able to download them using ftp without changing the permissions first.

It does sound like a permissions* issue to me but where it's coming from is a mystery.

You should really pursue this with Actinic support as they'll need to investigate the issue in detail.

Mike

* Permissions / settings about who / what has which access rights.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

What did Actinic say when you called them?
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks, im going to call the Actinic Support team again now and will give them RD access to my server if need be so they can take a good look at it.

Ill keep you guys updated.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that this is a bug in Actinic, ive tried every configuration with no joy. The Actinic support team whilst helpful didnt really understand what was happening and confirmed that they had not yet tested Actinic in an IIS 7/7.5 hosting environment and so a setup guide was not yet available.

Given that I have spent almost a week trying to solve this issue I am left no other choice but to get a dedicated linux server for my Actinic websites ( I wish i had taken your advice a couple of days ago now! :-) )

I must say this problem of not being able to download orders has given me and my clients a week of hell and I would respectfully request that this is looked at as a matter of urgency by the development team and that the Advanced User Guides are updated to include Setting up hosting on IIS 7 / 7.5 .

Comment

Actinic first line support are unlikely to be much help. You'll probably need to get it escalated up the chain so it can be looked at in detail.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Have you enabled tracing on the IIS to gather more information about the download failure? See detailed description and how-to at http://www.iis.net/ConfigReference/s...Server/tracing

Robert Fernando
                    Actinic support

Comment

Working...
                    X