Dissapearing section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissapearing section?

I been making some alterations (as you do), renamed a top level section, which went fine & then tried to move the section within the top level tree..

When I dropped the section into its new location there was an invalid section or product pop-up which I pressed OK to & the section then disappeared & would seem to be well & truly gone. I've done a few searches for the products in question without any luck & exported to Excel to check for the sections / products, but they are nowhere to be found.

When re-opening Actinic (Sorry, SellerDeck), there was a warning file "OrpanCheckReport" opened, referencing a single corrupt product reference, when I reopened, the sections & Products are still missing.

The top level section contained quite a few sub-sections & a couple of hundred products, is there any way of recovering these other than creating everything again?

I suppose this is most likely a lesson in sorting my “stuff” out with backup's!

Any answers appreciated.

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

See here and here.

Do you have a recent snapshot?. Do you do database backup on shutdown? If you have multi-site you can copy from one site and paste into another.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      Do you have a recent snapshot?. Do you do database backup on shutdown? If you have multi-site you can copy from one site and paste into another.
      Thanks for your reply - my most recent snapshot is about 10 days old, I don't backup the database on shutdown & I don't have a multi-site............

Having looked at the other threads, I think I'll try Duncan's suggestion of exporting the current site, restoring the old snapshot, exporting that & trying to merge the two exports into 1

I generally backup/snapshot when I'm doing something lengthy or complicated, but I guess I should really rethink this.

Comment

This is a probleb I have had, if there is no snapshot they are I'm afraid gone for good.Needed to be very careful moving entire sections in V10 I found, just dragging them around the section tree caused many problems like this. It always seemed best to follow one of two routes:
        1) leave well alone whenever possible
        2) create the new section manually, and cut + paste the products individually.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks again for the replies.

I restored the old snapshot, exported the contents, removed everything from the export but the section & product info, restored the current snapshot & imported the tweaked export - a bit of a mess around, but it worked a treat & saved several hours of product & section recreation

Just a rather tedious stock check to do now (too many orders in/out).........

Comment

Working...
          X