Popup problems, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup problems, etc.

I'm having problems with popup pictures. For example, one of the products had an old picture on it, so I added the new picture, uploaded the site and Reloaded the page, but it still showed the old picture. I repeated the process - this time removing the popup picture and un-ticking 'Generate Popup Page' and it was actually removed from the website, which was good.

I then put the new picture back on again, ticked 'Generate Popup Page' and uploaded and Reloaded, but it now doesn't recognise that there is a popup, so won't show it to me. I've tried putting the old picture back on as the popup again, but it still doesn't think it has a popup.

I'm also finding that I sometimes have to delete a product and re-create it from scratch to get it to display the picture in the product list on the website correctly.

It seems to have a memory or what's gone before and is unwilling to 'lose' that memory, however many times I upload the site and Reload the page that is displaying on the website.

Does anyone know what might be causing the problems?

Many thanks
    Sarah
    Sarah Prisgrove
    No. 1 South African Shop
    5 Marlow Drive
    Christchurch
    BH23 2RR

V11 changed extended info pages / popups, see here, here and here.
    Peblaco

Comment

Let us know the URL of a faulty page and what should / shouldn't be there. Then someone can look. If they get the proper page, then it may just be browser caching at your end.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

I've checked the Links Tab and that was an issue. I've sorted that out and uploaded the site again and it does show me the popups now, but some of them are still old pictures.

On this link: http://www.no1sashop.co.uk/acatalog/...___Jars_2.html
        the 2 Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaises on the 2nd page, should both show the same popup, but the 750ml still shows the old one.

Thanks again.
        Sarah Prisgrove
        No. 1 South African Shop
        5 Marlow Drive
        Christchurch
        BH23 2RR

Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know.

This whole caching situation is quite a challenge, isn't it?

We had malware put on our site last year and many customers still couldn't use the website for weeks or months after it had been resolved. It was horrible!

btw, I see that one can thank people in a bigger way than saying thank you in the body of the text, because I see the 'Thanks' and 'Thanked' under people's names, but I can't see how to offer my thanks in this way. Please let me know how to do so.

Thanks a mill'
          Sarah
          Sarah Prisgrove
          No. 1 South African Shop
          5 Marlow Drive
          Christchurch
          BH23 2RR

Comment

Please look at another example for me at:

http://www.no1sashop.co.uk/acatalog/...__Mixes_5.html

If you scroll down 2 pages, you'll see the other problem that is prompting me to delete products and re-create them, where I just get that tiny generic image in the middle of a too-big box. This is replicated in the popup page too. I've tried re-creating the picture and using the new one, but to no avail.

Would this require some re-coding like I saw on some of the links from peblaco?
            Sarah Prisgrove
            No. 1 South African Shop
            5 Marlow Drive
            Christchurch
            BH23 2RR

Comment

Your page is showing missing images due to characters in your folders and file names for example ampersand & and an apostrophe.
              Peblaco

Comment

It's all making sense now. I knew about not having spaces in the names, but hadn't realised that the ampersands, etc., were also a problem.

Thanks so much.
                Sarah Prisgrove
                No. 1 South African Shop
                5 Marlow Drive
                Christchurch
                BH23 2RR

Comment

Working...
                X