Customise Shopping Cart Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customise Shopping Cart Summary

My experience of Actinic is limited, having only used V7 to modify a few areas of an existing site. I have been playing around with the V8 Beta, my main intention being to create a completely new design in Dreamweaver. So far so good but there are a couple of things I need help with.

1. I want to customise the shopping cart summary. I've figured out how to change font size, colour etc but how do I change the background colour? I have managed to create a new layout from within Design/Library/Layout but how do I select that layout as the one to use with my design?

2. I want to be able to create a text only navigation links area for the shop pages. I can see that this can be done from within Actinic but can I modify the appearance further by attributing a style sheet class to the links and control the appearance from the CSS file? (I have seen the post about CSS and Dreamweaver so there's no need for anyone to go over that part again unless anything has changed since the last post.)

My first (second and third) impressions of V7 as a non-Actinic user were that it seemed incredibly complex and not user-friendly for Dreamweaver types. V8 seems to address a lot of those concerns but in order to be totally convinced I need to know for sure that I will be able to customise every part of the site and integrate it into my own design.

I've read the quick start guide and the new features PDF but I'm still struggling with some of these bits. Unfortunately there are only a couple of pages dedicated to designing and customising in Dreamweaver. All help much appreciated.
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

I've read the quick start guide and the new features PDF but I'm still struggling with some of these bits. Unfortunately there are only a couple of pages dedicated to designing and customising in Dreamweaver. All help much appreciated.
    There is a beta guide too which mentions the DW interface, and there are several threads in the v8 beta forum that discuss how best to use DW/CSS/actinic for design purposes. At present there is no formal doc for design as it is still abit in the making.

I was one of the lucky ones on the first "Designing with V8 course" and found that this helped put alot of things into place.

This thread may help....

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22428

It has to be said though that a couple of us on the course did comment that a common reply to Qs soon won;t be have you searched the forum, but will be have you been on the course?

Sorry I can be more positive, although I have managed to get a site diesigned today, I'm still not exactly sure how I've done it.

Comment

Hi Jo, Thanks. I think I have read the Beta guide as well but not sure. I think what I may do is spend some time learning how to use V8 Beta in a more standard way with existing layouts and designs while I'm waiting for the final release and instruction manual.

Do you know how I can reset the beta version to factory default settings to undo all the messing about I have been doing with customised designs?

Rob

Comment

I want to customise the shopping cart summary. I've figured out how to change font size, colour etc but how do I change the background colour? I have managed to create a new layout from within Design/Library/Layout but how do I select that layout as the one to use with my design?
        On reflection , Site Options, Layout tab might be what you are after

Comment

Do you know how I can reset the beta version to factory default settings to undo all the messing about I have been doing with customised designs?
          I've taken the belt and braces attitude to this.... reinstall V8

[EDIT] some dayslater, rather than reinstall, a quickway to undo everything if you are in a mess is to copy the database - actiniccatalog.mdb - from the folder called original to Site1. All info is in the database now and not in templates [/EDIT]

Comment

I thought you might say that!

Comment

In the design library, there is a there is a "Revert of Factory settings" on right click

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions and help Jo. I'll start again with this tomorrow. 15 hours is enough for one day! Cheers.

Comment

I'm using a custom page design made in dreamweaver and I have inserted a shopping cart summary. Does anyone know how I can get the shopping cart summary to display on one line rather than in a box?

Comment

Yep - when inserting the 'ShoppingCartSummary' layout selector, select the 'Specify Fixed Layout' box and use a fixed layout of 'Shopping Cart Summary In A Line'

Comment

Ok, but I am inserting the shopping cart summary from within Dreamweaver - I can't seem to do it from within Actinic because it won't let me click inside my page design in Actinic Design view.

Comment

sorry, ignore me, I see what you mean, although I don't have that option to choose from - there is only 'in box' or 'no box' to choose from but no 'in line' option.

Comment

it's ok I've sorted it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X