v8 Showcase / Example Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some superb 'sites on here now...

...all that remains is to get v8 stable.

*coughs, leaves thread for a few months or so*
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

http://www.worldofthomas.co.uk - slight "smelling pistake" in the home page title.

Been working on www.woodworkingcentreshop.co.uk for a while. Still building up product lists / images and populating the site. I know the colour scheme will come in for some comment along with the "Woodworking Centre" logo and "Woody" but they are my clients choice...
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Dear Lee

Not sure about the black buttons on the Japanese version of the Stardust site!

Geraldine
        Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

LOL, don't start!

Comment

Just in case....but on my 1280 widescreen the japanese site stretches to infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              to see it properly you will need <view><encoding><Japanese> though, it will break the screen without the correct encoding.
              Already mentioned this fact, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Ok i'll go and stand in the corner for not reading the detail

Comment

hi, the worldofthomas site looks great, the drop shadow around the main design seems very popular on sites. Can anyone explain the best way to add a drop shadow for a new site i am building in v8. I have some dreamweaver knowledge, css and actinic. I am guessing css is best for this but not too sure how to do it.
                  Kind Regards
                  Wesley
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

the drop shadow around the main design seems very popular on sites. Can anyone explain the best way to add a drop shadow for a new site
                    The drop shadow effect on the World Of Thomas site, appears to have been created using a background image.

The top and bottom of the page are images complete with drop shadow as part of the design, and the continuation of the blue glow down the sides is simply a slice of the top image, repeated vertically in the background.

The finished effect has been created (very nicely so) by blending the background image with a matching light blue background colour.

You can view this by right hand clicking in different areas of the page, and selecting 'view background image'

Comment

Originally posted by Goz
                      http://www.worldofthomas.co.uk - slight "smelling pistake" in the home page title.
                      Oops! well spotted.
                      Richard Gosler
                      Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                      Dorset, UK

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood
                        The drop shadow effect on the World Of Thomas site, appears to have been created using a background image.
                        I layer the divs with either fixed non repeating backgrounds or sliced layers repeated along the x or y axis. Here is an example of a non actinic site that uses all 3: http:www.trio-europe.com (a work in progress)
                        Richard Gosler
                        Dorset, UK

Comment

thanks for the tips, will be trying to implement something like this in a new design.
                          wes
                          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Fantastic look to the new work in progress Richard... an inspiration

Comment

If you really want to be inspired at the power of CSS, check out www.csszengarden.com
                              Richard Gosler
                              Dorset, UK

Comment

How about you guys having a look at my site. Done from scratch in v8 by Duncan Rounding with a little help frome me. What do you think? Here's the URL:

http://www.healthandgoodness.com/acatalog

Jane
                                Jane Thurnell-Read
                                200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Working...
                                X