No announcement yet.

One or two glitches (bugs?) appeared today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No difference here either Chris also the privacy policy in the footer cannot be editted via the desig view BUT the other two (contact us/terms) can?

May wait for version 8.02 at this rate Chris

Can you confirm that the current evaluation copy is stable for production mode? Is the current evaluation able to 'go live' as the order screens suggest not? (can this be ignored for now until code receipt)

Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by lessharma
      If your doing a HTML edit in 'Design Mode' if the Undo doesn't work first time, what I do is click on the product you are editing from the 'Content Tree' on the right to reset the product and the Undo works then.

Above is how to make the Undo work if you are editing the HTML
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet
      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

click on the product you are editing
        I think this is the same as me clicking in the preview i.e. it puts the Windows focus back on the 'Design' tab so Actinic can undo.

But then, this has never worked for Malcolm

Malcolm, all your many and varied issues suggests to me that something is very odd on your PC causing this - because I did not get your content tree problems, Iand I certainly didn't get 11 instances of the brochure page list appearing when I tested the import file I sent.

I can only really suggest taking snapshots and then uninstalling and reinstalling Actinic. If you still get problems, see whether Actinic Support can shed any light.

For the rest of you, I'm going to report this undo/to not undo bug to the Development team for fixing in a future release.

Comment

No difference here either Chris also the privacy policy in the footer cannot be editted via the desig view BUT the other two (contact us/terms) can?
          Here are some debug tips:

In the code view, put your cursor just before the variable that is not colorising.

Then click the 'Switch between advanced and basic' button at the far left of the toolbar that's above the layout code.

You'll then see the underlying code that really makes up each layout. The 'PrivacyPolicy' variable will look something like:

<Actinic:Variable Name="PrivacyPolicy"/>

You will probably see a formatting="...." attribute within the tag, delete it so the tag looks like what I have put above.

Now toggle back to 'basic' view and the coloring will probably work OK.

Can you confirm that the current evaluation copy is stable for production mode? Is the current evaluation able to 'go live' as the order screens suggest not? (can this be ignored for now until code receipt)
          Version 8.0.0 is a production build so is ready to roll. It does have a few bugs in it, but nothing catastrophic, and the first maintenance release (8.0.1) will deal with the vast majority of these.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for all your help, when will V 8.01 be released?
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet
            Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

a few weeks, early September is the info we have has passed on.

Regards
              Daren
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X