Extended Information Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information Problem

Some of my Extended Information Links are not working because they cannot find the '...\Site1\PreviewHTML\info_<reference>.html' file. The Offline Preview is creating this 'info' file for some products - but not all! Can't see any difference between the products that create the 'info' file and those that don't. The real problem is that this is also happening with the generated online site.

I have done lots of product copying and changing the product reference on the paste. However, since I noticed this problem have done some copy/paste testing and could not reproduce the problem.

Anyone had this problem?

But more importantly, I urgently need a fix for this problem?
    Please, please don't tell me the only fix is to deleted each offending product and re-create it.

Regards Gordon

If you can provide a link to an online page that shows the problem? Hard to guess without seeing some code.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The following page has a product that should display an 'extended info. page', but dosn't:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial30762/White.html

Regards

Comment

Have you tried compacting your databases and then doing a complete refresh of the site? Try this and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Compacted database.
          Did Offline Preview but this still has problem.
          Did refresh of site but also still has problem.

After further investigation have found that products that don't create the 'info_...html file have been created by an hierarchical import. Currently looking at this hierarchical import file. Any ideas what I have got wrong with the import file?

The import file is a bit on the large side for listing here. If I don't make any progress will separate out a product, that is giving the problem, from this import file and list it here.

Regards Gordon

Comment

You could maybe also show a screenshot of the 'Extended Information' tab of a product with a working pop-up window, and a product without a working pop-up window and we can see whether there is a difference.

Comment

You are not alone...

Originally posted by FlashGordon
              Compacted database.
              Did Offline Preview but this still has problem.
              Did refresh of site but also still has problem.

After further investigation have found that products that don't create the 'info_...html file have been created by an hierarchical import. Currently looking at this hierarchical import file. Any ideas what I have got wrong with the import file?

The import file is a bit on the large side for listing here. If I don't make any progress will separate out a product, that is giving the problem, from this import file and list it here.

Regards Gordon
              I have a similar problem. I too have done hierarchical import.
              It isn't generating the pop up html file both offline or online.
              If I specify an html file I know exists it doesn't do anything with the picture.
              Regards Nigel
              njb

Comment

I think that you need to specify the name for the extended information page in the import file if you use hierarchical import to create the products. Did you specify the name?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

not convinced...

thanks, but surely once it's imported and then I specify a file name it should generate that name for me shouldn't it?
                  njb

Comment

I have misunderstood your question then, sorry.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

don't be sorry

I know you are trying to help so thanks...
                      on further investigation which concurs with the original poster...

If I create a brand new product and include extended info e.g. I want the user to click on the image and get a bigger image then the appropriate popup html file with the specified larger image is displayed i.e. it works as expected.

If I import a product like this it does not generate the popup file.

Further, if I import a product and then specify that I want to include extended info (click image for bigger image - when it didn't have it before) It does not generate the html file nor display the image even if I at this stage specify a new image or pre-existing html file.

This indicates to me that the problem lies with imported products, you may well be right that the solution lies in importing the details of the extended info file. But there remains a problem that if I've imported a product which I wish to then change the extended info for, it seems to disregard this.

Hope this clarifies what I'm saying. Nigel
                      njb

Comment

Could you post a screen shot of the actinic extended info settings for one of the ones that is refusing to play?

Regards,

Comment

I may be way off base here, but isn't there also a column in the import file which says "create pop up" or something similar (set to zero or 1) to indicate the extended info page regardless of whether you also specify a html file name

Comment

nearly

Reply to Jan...
                            trust me it looks the same...
                            i did a screen print
                            saved it as a jpeg
                            but this interface wants a URL not a filename
                            so sorry I don't have time/inclination to start creating a web page just for an image
                            what i'm doing is still commericially sensitive otherwise i'd let you see it in the flesh
                            njb

Comment

Reply to Jo...
                              thanks, you may be right
                              I'm still concerned about it not responding to changes post import.
                              njb

Comment

Working...
                              X