Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem upgrading to V8

Hi All,

We have a client who had a trial V7 actinic catalog site up and running. We had changed or customised quite a lot of the layout and design of the site to suit. There were 3 days left on the trial.

They downloaded V8 from the actininc website to upgrade their V7 to that, as they were obviously going to be buying V8 and wanted the site running with it. During setup they chose to "upgrade" from a V7 insallation. All went well and they got messages saying that all had gone well.

They opened up Actinic and the site was all there, nicely upgraded from the V7 installation with only a few minor CSS bits wrong. The rest of the template etc that we had modified had been succesfully implimented in the V8 version.

The next day the trial ran out and they bought a copy of V8. They opened up actinic and put the serial number into the relavent box and hit continue etc.

It made like it was going to open as usual but then just dissappeared. Subsequent attempts to open Actinic all do the same thing. It makes like it is going to open, but then just dissapears.

So we copied the site 1 folder out of the V8 folder ansd kept it somewhere else. We uninstalled Actinic ( both the 7 and the 8) and deleted the respective folders. They reinstalled the trial version and had the trial version all up and running with the test demo site. They then copied the site1 they had backed up into the site1 of the new install and the same problem happens.

It makes like it is going to open then just dissappears.

Is this a registry problem, a database problem?? Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Thanks

Grant

As an edit the client is installing this on a server running Windows Server 2000.

Comment

Do you have a snapshot copy of the v7 site to import into v8?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

What version of V8 did they trial and what version did they buy?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Do you have a snapshot copy of the v7 site to import into v8?
          They may have done one (I hope they did one and saved it elsewhere) before they removed their copy of V7. Do you think that importing the V7 snapshot would retain the changes we made to the template and CSS etc?

Originally posted by Jan
          What version of V8 did they trial and what version did they buy?

Regards,
          They trialed V7 and V8 Catalog and bought V8 Catalog

Comment

bought V8 Catalog
            I had a problem over the weekend when I installed V8 from an Actinic supplied disc - it completly trashed my site. Make sure they are downloading V8 from the website and NOT using the disc at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              I had a problem over the weekend when I installed V8 from an Actinic supplied disc - it completly trashed my site. Make sure they are downloading V8 from the website and NOT using the disc at all.
              They have not used the disc - only the Serial number off the disk

Comment

Originally posted by grant
                Do you think that importing the V7 snapshot would retain the changes we made to the template and CSS etc
                This would get you back to the version of the site as it was in v7.. which you said other than a few CSS issues imported fine... all your v7 template changes and CSS changes will be in the snapshot .. assuming they have it

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                  This would get you back to the version of the site as it was in v7.. which you said other than a few CSS issues imported fine... all your v7 template changes and CSS changes will be in the snapshot .. assuming they have it
                  Thanks Jont - we will give this a go

Comment

Quick question - they have deleted the V& from their machine including the installer.

Where can I download a V7 so I may grab a snapshot of their sit for importing into their V8??

The actinic site is full of V8 downloads now and I can find anywhere to get a V7

Comment

You can download all previous Actinic versions from http://support.actinic.com/versions/

Comment

Thanks cdicken - I downloaded the version 7 that we set the site up on, and copied the site! folder for it that they saved. But I still getting the demo version up when I open the catlog, even though the site1 directory contains all their pages and images etc

I am confused

Comment

Got it sorted now - thanks all for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X