X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FATAL ERRORS, can anyone help?

I was backing up my site and go the below error:

FATAL ERRORS
    (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 928) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\New_Site3\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

I don't know what it means, or what to do! Can anyone shed some light on it?

I have to admit, all I changed since my last backup this morining was the colour of an image!!

Thanks
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Simon,

Go into Actinic and on the House keeping tab, select 'Compact Databases' and proceeed by checking both options. This will close down Actinic, reopen and then run a backup.

This could happen if you had the database open in Access while running the backup.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, all is now back to normal.

What a scary error!
      Simon Williams

Comment

And the moral is "Don't take a snapshot with a product open"

I thought this would have been fixed in V8, we often have the problem in V7 and I understood it was very well known by Actinic.

Comment

And the moral is "Don't take a snapshot with a product open"

I thought this would have been fixed in V8, we often have the problem in V7 and I understood it was very well known by Actinic.
          Hi John

I think the bug you were referring to is the problem in v7 when you tried to take a snalshot with a fragment selected in the tree. I'm pleased to report that that one is fixed. Bruce is referring to a different issue when people take snapshots while they have the ActinicCatalog.mdb database open in Microsoft Access.

Comment

Which version fixed it?, we still have problems with it.

Comment

I think the bug you were referring to is the problem in v7 when you tried to take a snalshot with a fragment selected in the tree. I'm pleased to report that that one is fixed
              Dont think so I had it today with the latest version of V8. Also got failed merge request when uploading with a fragment selected.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't have MSAccess open at all.
                Simon Williams

Comment

Simon

The error you received is a fairly common one. It goes away after you restart Actinic. It just means that the snapshot feature is unable to 'lock' the database - and is just one of those things I'm afraid.

John/Malcolm

I have exported snapshots with fragments selected in sections and brochure pages in the Content tab and the Design tab and do not get a problem. So the bug is definitely fixed - there is something else going on with your installations that is causing the problem. Feel free to contact the support team via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm if you want them to take a look at your site and see if there is a fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X