Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Downloads - error

Hi all,

I am trying to get the digital download feature to work, however I have come to a road block so to speak. I have created a product which is a word document, browsed to the file in the digital download tab. Once I have uploaded the site again, I proceed to the product, go through the payment process.

Please note this is all in development so I have not yet got a merchant credit card process set up.

The confirmation page is displayed with the order details and there is a link stating 'download file here' When I click this link a blank page is displayed and nothing happens.

An email gets sent to the buyer (me at the moment) it has the link and I again click it. Now I get 404 error page cannot be found.

Can someone please help with this issue. I have tried various fixes and spent a lot of time looking in this forum for solutions. I have renamed the nph_download.pl to download.pl but with no results. I have looked in the software help file and followed the steps stated there again with no results.

I am anxious to get this working as the products I will be offering are all downloadable.

network

Hi There,

When you do your network settings test is everything working ok on that front?

Andy

Comment

Hi,

Yes everything is working fine, it's just the digitial downloads which does not work correctly.

Comment

Sounds like the download is not being uploaded. Add it to the additional files and see what happens.

Comment

Please note this is all in development so I have not yet got a merchant credit card process set up.
          if you add payment by cheque or CC detail sent separately you should still be able to test the downloads before getting your CC/PSP set up

Comment

Digtial Download Error

All the other items works OK.

On the download I have a file (pdf) which has no value to the customer.

As a customer I ad to cart, go to checkout and the invoice says 'click here to download' I then receive this error...

Can't locate dd000001.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at c:\websites\u8jet8\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:\websites\u8jet8\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18.

The customer receives a confirm emal with a link to download, on clicking this link the same error is displayed. No download.

There must be shops that have the digital download working.

John

Comment

Hi all this is still causing problems, I just cannot get the digital downloads to work. If everything is left as it is installed and I try to purchase a digital download product I get the following error:

Can't locate dd000001.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at c:\websites\u8jet8\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:\websites\u8jet8\cgi-bin\nph-dl000001.pl line 18.

If I change the file name of nph-download.pl to download.pl as I have found many references to fixes stating this, I just get a blank page.

When the confirmation email is sent to the customer after clicking the link I get a 404 page not found error.

Malcolm suggested that the file is not being unloaded however when exploring my site via ftp the pdf file is there. Malcolm also suggested 'Add it to the additional files and see what happens.' Not too sure what you mean by additional files.

Is this another area within actinic?

Comment

Malcolm suggested that the file is not being unloaded however when exploring my site via ftp the pdf file is there. Malcolm also suggested 'Add it to the additional files and see what happens.' Not too sure what you mean by additional files.
                If you can see the file by ftp then it is being uploaded correctly. the additional files is another method of uloading files using Actinic.

Comment

Malcolm,

Sorry but I still don't understand fully, it uploads fine, everything works very well apart from the DD's. Is there any particular reason why we get a blank page displayed. The buyer gets an email and when the link is click they also get a blank page.

You say additional files is another method of uploading files, where abouts is this function?

Comment

I only mentioned the aditional file bit as the 404 you were getting sounded like the file was not on the server, but as you have confirmed that it is there then the additional files will not help - it is just another method of uploading files which may have helped if the file was not being uploaded.

As the file is there then I have no idea why it is not working - sorry

Comment

OK many thanks for your help.

Comment

A stab in the dark here - but the pdf file name does not have any spaces or other non-alpha characters does it?

May be worth trying a renamed file if it does.
                        Bill
                        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thank for the comments however, this was one of the first things I looked at. After looking into the hosting server it appears to be hosted on a windows server, could this be the cause. I am trying to find out what implications etc switching to a Linux server and hope this might solve the problem. There are other reasons for moving however if this solves the file download I would be more than happy. Any suggestions comments regarding the switch - could this work?

Comment

Permissions could be (and almost certainly are) a problem on Windows hosting. You should have more control of this on Linux - so yes, it should help.
                            Bill
                            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Many thanks, we are in the process of migrating to a Lunix Server. But currently migrating Access database to MySQL as Lunix does not support MS Access.

Thanks again, I'll post the results once everything is up and running.

Comment

Working...
                              X