'Next Button' not there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Next Button' not there

My v8 shop has gone live http://www.lifeworkpotential.com, but I've had two people who have said that when they get to the page that sends them to the credit card page, there is no next button to click. They can see the message:

"Click Next to go to a secure server and process your credit card details with complete confidence."

but there isn't a live button. Help please!

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

it might be worse than that as I get

This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.

This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please click here to return to the catalog.
    on trying to order from your site, I can order from other actinic sites. Wierd

Comment

oh dear or dear! Anyone got any suggestions please?
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane,

I get the same error that Jo reported. A website refresh may help to resolve this perhaps?

Regarding your first issue of the missing next button. I think this may well be an internet browser specific issue in that the 'next' button in question may be being displayed in some form of DIV or CSS layout that is not working correctly on certain browsers.

Without being able to add to cart and checkout on your site though it is impossible to say for sure.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

oh dear, this is worrying. Some people are placing orders with no problem at all, and we don't have any problems hplacing orders from here. I

've done a refresh - can you try again please.

thanks for all your help

Jane
          Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

oh and do you think I should download v8.03 - this is in 8.02
            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

I still get the same error - haven't got any solutions though

It happens in FF and not IE6

Comment

I have upgraded to V8.0.3

could you try again now and see if the problem is solved. I'd be grateful if other people could have a go as far as the credit card page (of course, if you want to continue on and buy some of our 'healthy living' products that's fine!!)
                Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane,

Using IE6: I have been able to place a test order on your site. The "next" button taking you to actinic secure page is working!

Using FF (Firefox): I can still not add to cart as the same 'cookie' error Jo reported above keeps happening. [strange issue this]

Using Opera V9: I have been able to place a test order on your site. The "next" button taking you to actinic secure page is working!

Hope this means at least your 'next' button issue is resolved?
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Jane,

I've just tried it in FF and get exactly what Jo shows in her message. Trying it in IE 7 and Opera, there isn't a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know an answer to the problem.

Have you carried out a website Purge and Refresh under the Troubleshooting menu with v8.03?

David
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I still get the same error in firefox.

But onviewing in IE, the reason you can't see the next button is because it gets hidden underneath you right hand nav at low res.

ie view at 800x600 and you can't see the next. Pull the width out to 918 and you can start to see the button. At 1024 all is well.

It may be the search and the basket contents in the top header pushing the design out. Try moving these elsewhere asa test

The cookie error in FF is odd, I can order from my own test site in 8.03 on FF

Comment

Originally posted by dscontroller

Have you carried out a website Purge and Refresh under the Troubleshooting menu with v8.03?

David
                        I'm not sure I understand this, do you mean purge the content (housekeeping/purge/content) and then refresh (web/refresh site)?
                        Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane,

Yep!! Troubleshooting under the Help menu.

David
                          -----------------------------
                          www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                            It may be the search and the basket contents in the top header pushing the design out. Try moving these elsewhere asa test
                            I feel way out of my depth here. Anyway I went into design and got rid of the search on the SSL bounce page. Couldn't work out how to remove the rt nav bar without removing it from the whole site (thank goodness for snapshot!)

I've uploaded this - can you have a look to see if this makes any difference please..
                            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane

I get the same errors everyone else does. I think you need to work with a support technician to resolve this. Please register an email support ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X