v7 pages on web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7 pages on web site

I have noticed that some of the v7 generated pages are still live on my web site, slightly corrupted- http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/acatalog/Everyone.html

Presumably they shouldn't be. Is the sensible thing to remove all the files in the Actinic folder (I'd do this via Dreamweaver) and then upload the shop again?

I wonder if this is part of the reason I'm having problems with the 'next button. See thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24611

Anyone any thoughts on this please.
    Last edited by janeread; 21-Oct-2006, 09:23 AM. Reason: difficulty uploading image so changed to URL link
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

yowzer, that bg image really is causing hassle.

When you installed v8 did you upgrade to 8.01 or straight to 8.03?

Do you have the html saved outside of actinic at all?

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I installed v 8.0.2, building a shop from scratch - I did not import anything from v7 shop. I then upgraded to 8.0.3. All this was done in test mode. I then went live with the v8 shop

but I left v7 running on the other computer while I tested out v8. The v7 pages displayed fine before the v8 site went live. I had assumed (naively??) that the v7 files would be purged online, but it's clear that it has overwritten pages with the same URL but left the others not live but corrupted.

So what do I do now?
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane

Have you done a purge and refresh under Help | Troubleshooting, if this fails to work i would seriously recommend you delete all the files on your website and do a complete upload.

If you have old V7 files hanging around it could cause you problems with your site, and not be very user friendly for your shoppers.

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Hi Jane me again

may i also suggest that you go into network settings and change you perl script number (CGI Script ID Number) it is probably at 1 change it to 2 or 3 it makes no difference but you site will then update all the pages to use the new script number and any redundent pages still using ID 1 will return a script error.

This could possibly help correct the errors posted in the other thread as you are using a new set of scripts.

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

thanks for trying to help me sort this out. The CGI script ID number is already set at 2.

Will it be Ok to delete the files via Dreamweaver?Should I delete the folder 'acatalog' as well as all the folders and files in it?
            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane

If it is already at 2 change it to 1 or 3 it makes very little differrence, i actually use these to form my order numbers.

I have never deleted files via dreamweaver, i use an ftp utility, filezilla is good and free.

Any way, i would suggest you delete the contents of you acatalog folder and delete the script files in your cgi-bin, Be careful you may have other server files in there so only delete the ones for actinic. (in the format of xx000002.pl)

Have you tried the purge an refresh option yet, do this 1st before you try the other methods.

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

I realy apreciate you taking the time to help e.

I understand about refreshing the web site, but the only purge I know is the purge under the housekeeping tab - is this what you are referring to?
                Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

ah just found the purge function - OK I'll do that next
                  Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

OK, done the purge and refresh.

The rogue v7 pages are still there.

As to the other problem (people getting error messages during checkout - possibly only when using FF, although I haven't established this for certain). I don't have FF so I can't try this out. Could someone use FF to place an order and see if they get an error message through the checkout process)

The shop is at http://www.lifeworkpotential.com

I appracite any help and feedback on this

Jane
                    Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

getting error messages during checkout
                      Im getting a cookie error in Firefox which is preventing me ordering - check your pivacy settings.

Comment

it's set as 'basic'
                        Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

to get rid of the v7 pages the best solution is to delete all the html files from within acatalog

personally I agree with Darren, go get yourself Filezilla it will be useful for the future - otherwise delete using DW.

Then do another update.

Comment

The V7 pages might just be cached, could you post the URL for one of them, someone can check it then.

Regards,
                            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                            Multichannel order processing
                            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

here's the URL of one of the v7 pages:

http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/acatalog/Everyone.html
                              Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Working...
                              X