Consistently Repeated Lazy Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

I made the change last night to the search - and you can now use quote marks to search for two words together as a phrase.

"1\&1 Hosting" returns 10 threads and 1\&1 Hosting returns a whole lot more.

Comment

Nice going Chris!
      I'm convinced this will go some way to easing some of the frustrations raised by this thread
      Is there a setting enabling us to join search terms too?
      eg. 1&1 .and. email (an often raised query)

Comment

Yes - search terms are automatically joined by 'and' - but you can also include 'or' and 'not' if you really want.

Comment

search terms are automatically joined by 'and'
          if I enter "1&1 email" or "1&1 .and. email" or "1&1 and email" - all seperate searches without the quotations - all they bring up is ALL postings which either contain "email" or "1&1".

Is there no way of restricting the search to postings that contain BOTH "email" and "1&1"?

There is a solution outside of the boards, by using google with this search:

1&1 .and. email site:http://community.actinic.com/
          Just thought we would be able to do something similar using the forum search

Comment

I agree the and/or searching doesn't seem to make any difference - I need to do some more work on this.

The quote marks definitely do though - and the NOT command does the job very well.

Comment

Scratch that - adding 'OR' definitely increases the amount of hits.

"Quantity Dependent Pricing" - 20 hits
              Quantity Dependent Pricing - 45 hits
              Quantity OR Dependent OR Pricing - 500+ hits

Comment

The quote marks definitely do though
                This is producing some very good search results for those that I have done - good effort chris.

Comment

if only we could all remember the correct words for all the things that actinic can do for us, we could then search on them - no seriously, the change should make a huge difference to the usability of the forum, nice one !

Comment

This thread refuses to die.

Comment

Working...
                    X