Seperate delivery address problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperate delivery address problem

I've tried to disable this. I have tax set to simple and the box and in design, text website cont, invoice address the box next to:

If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box:

is unchecked so it should NOT show, but it still does. I'm trying to implement HSBC esecure payments and am getting blank address fields so I thought this might be the forst place to look. I can't seem to turn this off though and would like to generally. I have searched the forum but can't see anyone else with the problem.

Help!
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Apologies for the grammar, looks like it was written by a drunk. I'm not (yet), honest.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Steve,

I've got my site set up for the opposite effect! - i need to make sure that customers type in a delivery address as most orders are delivered to a third party. Before I made the change a lot of orders came through for delivery to the customer.

In Design|Layouts|Web Page Inner Layout, open "Order 01 Bulk Area" and search for <Actinic:LOCATION TYPE='SEPARATESHIP'>

edit the code for the block this is located in to read as follows:-

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoicePrompt016Visible%22%20%2f%3e" />
      <!-- <tr>
      <Actinic:LOCATION TYPE='SEPARATESHIP'>
      <td bgcolor="<actinic:variable name="CheckoutBG"/>"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoicePrompt016Required%22%20%2f%3e" /><span class="actrequired"></actinic:block>
      <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoicePrompt016"/>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22InvoicePrompt016Required%22%20%2f%3e" />*</span></actinic:block></td>
      <td bgcolor="<actinic:variable name="CheckoutBG"/>" align=LEFT valign=TOP>
      <input type="HIDDEN" <actinic:variable name="InvoiceSeparateCheckStatus"/> name="SEPARATESHIP" value="NO">
      </td>
      </Actinic:LOCATION>
      </tr> -->
      </actinic:block>

This should default the separate shipping address to "NO" and as it's hidden, there is no opportunity for a customer to change it. If you don't set the input type to "HIDDEN" then although the default will be "NO" they will still be able to change it.

Hope this helps
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi Brian,

I can't see that code in any of the BULK layouts. I'm using Executive so not sure if it's different?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Steve,

Found this in the Knowledge Base which I think will achieve what you're looking for:-

"How do I only allow customers to enter one address per order (i.e. not enter a seperate delivery address)?
          Solution: You can use the 'Design |Text' area to ensure that customers online are only required to specify one address per order, rather than a separate invoice and delivery address. This is useful from a security point of view, as this will allow you to ensure that the goods are sent to the address that the credit card is registered to. Also, it means that the ordering process is quicker as customers only have to specify one set of address information online.

To do this, you first need to make a few changes to Business Settings:
          1. In 'Business Settings | Tax' ensure you have 'Tax By Delivery Address' selected (or you have tax set to 'Simple').
          2. In 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' ensure you do not have 'Limited by Location' checked for any payment method.

These changes mean that now only the 'Select Shipping Destination' drop-down list will appear in the online checkout. Please note that if you are using the 'Simple' calculation method for shipping (set in 'Business Settings | Shipping & Handling') then no country-selection drop-down list will appear at the beginning of the checkout.

You can now change the text in the checkout to remove references to 'Invoice Address' and 'Delivery Address' in order to just use 'Address' instead:
          1. In 'Design | Text | Web Site (Cont) | Shipping and Tax' change 'Select Shipping Destination' (ID : 171) to 'Select Your Country'.
          2. In 'Design | Text | Web Site(Cont) | Invoice Address' change 'Invoice Address' to 'Address' and un-check the 'If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than...' box to prevent that question from being asked.

Your customers will now only be required to enter one set of address details online."
          Brian
          www.flowergallery.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian,

Done all that already and it's still all there! Must be a bug or something.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

Going for a refresh now to see if that helps.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Nope, it's still there. Any other ideas? What am I doing wrong?
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

What am I doing wrong?
                  Expecting something that the HSBC interface does not give you.

Search the forum and knowledgebase on HSBC and you should find all the info you need.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hello Bill,

It's not about HSBC at this stage. I want actinic not to ask the customer if they want a seperate delivery address which is, apparently, possible. I have done this on my previous v7 site no problem. I have read the knowledge base and searched endlessly on the forum but all I get is the instruction to uncheck the box in design/ text/ website(cont)/Invoice Address/ If you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please check this box:

This box is UNCHECKED on my software so it should not show the message, but it does. There is no 'required' box visible so it must be unchecked. I have refreshed and uploaded, checked and unchecked etc. All to no avail.

I'm at my wits end with this and guess I need to contact Actinic. As I have done this on my previous site I assumed it would be simple. Hence, I was wondering whether there was something simple I was not doing.
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Help | Help Topics - Contents tab, Business Settings, Only Allowing One Address Per Order has the details of the essential settings.
                      Bill

Comment

OK,

1. In 'Business Settings | Tax' ensure you have 'Tax By Delivery Address' selected (or you have tax set to 'Simple').

Check. Set to Simple at the moment.

2. In 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' ensure you do not have 'Limited by Location' checked for any payment method.

Check. Only Paypal at the mo and limited by location box is unchecked.

3. In 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Shipping and Tax' change 'Select Shipping Destination' to 'Select Your Country'.

Check. Done this, although I don't think it makes any difference.

4. In 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Invoice Address' change 'Invoice Address' to 'Address' and un-select the 'If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than...' box to prevent that question from being asked.

Check. Done both of these. The box is definately unchecked.

I'm off to phone a friend and see if it shows on their PC in case it's a browser issue (I've cleared cache etc.)
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Still there on his pc too and he hasn't visited the site before.
                          Blank DVD
                          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Steve

What you need is to find the line of code which controls the appearance of the separate delivery address box, which will read something like:-

<input type="CHECKBOX" <actinic:variable name="InvoiceSeparateCheckStatus"/> name="SEPARATESHIP" value="NO">

This, as shown, sets the default value to "NO" , but the box is still visible, along with any text that accompanies it. It is still possible for a user to check the box, thus allowing the separate delivery address. This was the problem I previously had, although I had it set to a default value of "YES", it was still possible for users to uncheck it, thus preventing them from entering a separate delivery address.

By changing the input type from "CHECKBOX" to "HIDDEN" the box does not appear on the site, therefore its value cannot be changed by the user.

I'm not sure which layout it will be in on your site. On mine, I am using Contemporary Theme, in Settings|Business Settings|Ordering|Miscellaneous I have the "Request Location Information Early" box checked. In Design|Design Options|Shopping Mode I have set to "Quantity on Confirmation Page"

All I can suggest is to view the code on each of your Shopping Cart and Checkout Sections, and search for the occurence of "SEPARATESHIP" to find the location of the relevant code.

Best of Luck!
                            Last edited by brian.mc; 22-Nov-2006, 11:26 PM. Reason: Pressed wrong button when previewing original post!
                            Brian
                            www.flowergallery.co.uk

Comment

Works as advertised on my v8 test site.

The Design Text value is the one shown in the attached - can you confirm?
                              Attached Files
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X