No announcement yet.

uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an extremely long story Malcolm, I was accused of spam mailing 2 years ago and my uk server cut me off! - NO, I didn't spam at all before anyone has a go at me

so in haste did I get the first and quickest host I could find, as for SEO I understand this but it don't make any difference at the mo as I can't upload anything via V8.04 - I noticed other people have the same porblem on here

I have just deleted the entire lot and re-installed V8 and uploaded the "test" site that is with V8 and it seems ok when set to "test mode" for uploading, so I installed my "snap shot" and "network settings snap shot" and I keep getting asked to rename files in SITEs/SITE1, more to the point the Dreamweaver plug- in has never worked either?

and yet with the "test site" (supplied with V8) it don't ask me about cgi-paths yet the second I imported my snap shot of my actual site it then starts telling me the paths are wrong and so on........

Comment

so in haste did I get the first and quickest host I could find, as for SEO I understand this but it don't make any difference at the mo as I can't upload anything via V8.04 - I noticed other people have the same porblem on here
      They do and its usually that the host does not support actinic or they have caused a problem in the setup.

I have just deleted the entire lot and re-installed V8 and uploaded the "test" site that is with V8 and it seems ok when set to "test mode" for uploading, so I installed my "snap shot" and "network settings snap shot" and I keep getting asked to rename files in SITEs/SITE1, more to the point the Dreamweaver plug- in has never worked either?
      Ok the fact that the standard site uploads ok indicates that the problem is in you site design - not actinic or your host. Sounds like you may have modified the design incorrectly and created two files with the same name which actinic will not allow to upload as one will overwirte the other so th upload stops.

and yet with the "test site" (supplied with V8) it don't ask me about cgi-paths yet the second I imported my snap shot of my actual site it then starts telling me the paths are wrong and so on........
      Someone needs to look at your snapshot as you could spend the next 20 years trying to figure out the problem on the forum. If you have just bought actinic then you have 30 days support from Actinic - I suggest you contact then and send a snapshot for them to check out.

Comment

cheers Malcolm, I think you're right there so I'm turning the pc off now!

giving me a headache is this

Comment

Working...
        X