No announcement yet.

Fed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The developers on here who spend a huge amount of time helping us for no reward should be paid by actinic to run and support the forum
    That would be nice!!! - Several of us did Alpha and Beta testing for free as well BUT as with the forum you can only do so much without it affecting REAL work. Perhaps as Lee suggested if Actinic had used the combined experience of the forum on a commercial basis there may have been less problems with V8 as it would have been better "road tested" in the real world before release.

Comment

Undoubtedly would have been better and the 2k it could have cost would be a drop in the ocean, it equates to around 4.5 copies of the software. If they havn't cost themselves far more than that, id be astonished.

Comment

I've been using v8 since before it was officially released and get on quite well with it, I like it. Although I've spent 100's of hours starting from scratch and have a flat patch on my forehead from banging it on the desk "act_head". I also use v7 and still get on well with that except that I can't instantly find some features which are on different menus in v8.

What I don't like is the fact that when you push the advanced features in v8 everything goes to pot. Images don't update in duplicates, content categories are ignored and the list goes on.

Another thing I don't like is that when I report a bug to actinic directly nothing seem to ever happen about it. In fact, I'd say that this really pi$$es me off. It would seem that the only way to get anything looked at is to kick up a public stink about it on the forum. I'm quite a polite person, but I do some serious swearing about actinic and my patience is starting to wear thin.

<fx>Sighs</fx> and hopes actinic gets its "act_together" regarding variables, content categories and pictures in duplicates for final 8.5.0 release this week.

Comment

Working...
        X