No announcement yet.

Image Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no reason that the patch couldn't automatically make two images up. One for the products and one for the extended info.

There are a few other areas that product images turn up (New Products, Also Bought, Search Results, etc) so more is needed to get it working on them all.

I'm also working on a tweak to get around Actinic insisting on uploading the big original images. I think I have a solution but it will take some time to test.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This sounds amazing!
      I have just embarked on producing five sites (DIY-er) and this utility would save literally days.
      Any idea when the utility may be available?
      If it's soon, I could hold off doing the images.
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

There are a few other areas that product images turn up (New Products, Also Bought, Search Results, etc) so more is needed to get it working on them all
        The autosize patch that already exists in the AUG covers these pretty well so if the enlarged image can be produced then it would cover all the options allowing all the images within V8 to be produced from the one "raw" image. This will indeed save hours of work and the days of having to produce images of diffrent sizes will be over

Comment

We could have 3 sets of sizes automatically created, Product, ThumbNail and Popup and use these as required throughout.

Indeed the patch might as well automatically make a tooltip larger image- (just hover the mouse over the product image to see it full size).

Look at http://www.drillpine.biz/v8multiprod...tproducts.html and see the icons on the last product.

Comment

BRILLIANT - Do you want my money now. This is going to be big

Comment

Here's a live demo using auto created small icons and larger tooltip images (which we can also use as popup ones if required).

http://www.drillpine.biz/v8autoproductimages/acatalog/

Note that some of the tooltip images aren't as big as the window as the patch deliberately won't scale images bigger than the original.

Comment

Thats the business norm - I cna see you entering the FTSE100 on this one!

Comment

tweak

Must agree,
                  that really does the business, I am up for it when you are ready to sell.
                  Cheers.
                  Mark
                  If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Ni Norman,

Absolutely fantastic! It has to be a winner!!

David
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Ive just been playing with the tool tip patch and it works a treat - very easy to install

Comment

Ive installed the image patch on a new site I am working on as a test http://www.allfusedglass.co.uk/acatalog/Jewellery.html its all gone well so far and I intend to use it for all images to see if there are any problems.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28155
                        Images and the patch are also being discussed here

Comment

Woohoo! Got it pretty optimal now.

Even the humungous images only take a few milliseconds to process. They might need a few seconds when you initially add them, but after that they process in a flash.

You still need the room for the originals on the server, though. I've no way around that at the moment.

Comment

norm said:
                            It seems that if you put something into the Product Image field, then Actinic will upload it.
                            i was playing with this problem too. i was fiddling with images and i diddnt want actinic to upload. how i hacked around it was this:

- make a new variable.
                            - move all the image variables into it for each product.
                            - have my actinic php use this field.

actnic does not upload this field, optionally fill the old iamge field with a blank gif.

does this approach sound like it might work for you?

also, while on thinking:
                            why dont you let actinic upload them, and then cron job their deletion. if you mark all images with a specific filename, then you can knock them out on the server.

as for them being included in a snapshot... i have no idea how to get around that one.

Comment

Gabriel

My Actinic unfortunately does upload anything that you put into a product level user variable if it's of type Filename - even if that Variable is never used in any generated code.

If I used Text instead of Filename all would be fine except the user wouldn't be able to browse for images and would have to type their names in. A big no-no.

Comment

Update - I have installed norms updated patch to include the best seller and new product images, this reduces the file size and adds the tooltip to every image which is great.

Now all that is needed is to be able to create the short listing page image which will mean that every image on the site is generated from a single raw unoptimised image also every image size can be defined site wide.

Site is here http://www.allfusedglass.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X