No announcement yet.

dw plugin something missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a problem two or three days ago with Dreamweaver and Actinic in particular. I cleared the Registry and hey presto it all works seamlessly now! Well it's all working properly again.

Try this for the registry details http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28033

You might be as well doing what I did. Uninstall both programmes, make sure the registry is clean and then reinstall both programmes again.

hth,

David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

thanks simon and david

im going to go for it.
      afraid i dont know of the redgistry, how to clear it or even where to find it.

sounds about right though after reading that tread david, i also used add remove programs to lose v8 earlier version instaed of the actinic uninstall..
      Simbo thanks you in advance again

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Williams
        Maybe cleaning the regisrty may not do much...

Go for the un-install and re-install option, then re-install Actinic 8.5
        To quote myself ... just be careful in the registry -- MAKE A BACKUP.
        Simon Williams
        Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

The only other thing that has been mentioned here is that some people seem to have an additional DW Extension installed called 'Actinic Assistant - Template Inspector'. I'm not sure if this is installed by v850 or is perhaps legacy from an earlier installation or even v7. I also don't know if it is needed for v8. I have this installed but I also have V7 installed on my development machine. Perhaps support can comment on this.

Before reading further remember that making changes to the registry can render your machine and applictions unusable. If you are not confident, then do not do it. Make sure you have good backups of Actinic and also all of your computer. I accept no responsibility if you mess up your machine or if my information below is wrong!

First backup everything in Actinic (a snapshot, network settings, security key, a product export, and the Site1 folder and any subfolders, at minimum) and keep them safe off the machine.

Then...

1. Make sure Actinic and Dreamweaver are closed.
          2. Remove Actinic using Add/Remove Programs.
          3. Delete the 'Actinic v8' folders and subfolders that are still remaining in ../Program Files/
          4. From the Windows Taskbar on the desktop Click 'Start' - 'Run' and enter 'regedit' (no quotes).
          5. Navigate in regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE - Actinic - Catalog8.
          6. Right Click on Catalog8 and select Export then save the export somewhere with your backups.
          7. Right Click again on Catalog8 and select Delete.
          8. In regedit navigate now to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Actinic - Catalog8.
          9. Right Click on Catalog8 and select Export then save the export somewhere with your backups.
          10. Right Click again on Catalog8 and select Delete.
          11. Close the regedit window.
          12. Open the Dreamweaver Extension Manager and select Dreamweaver in the drop down. Highlight the 'Actinic External Design Extension Suite' if present and select File - Remove Extension. Leave any other extensions.
          13. Close the Extension Manager.

You should have now cleaned your machine.

Now do a complete re-install of v850 and keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

WOW ... nice post Duncan...
            Simon Williams

Comment

like i said duncan

superb..

im going to take on board, shelve it, and hope support will add some input.

like you said this may or may not add the template inspector, and we may or may not need that extension.

that said i also run v7 with dw so its not needed there, its must be a legacy of an earlier v8 instalation, the v8.5 actinic assistant file does not install the template inspector.

im back where i was in my mind, "i confuse my self sometimes"

if support say its worth a go then i will find it easy anyway thanks to your post..

Comment

update

try'd duncans post, but actinic had allready cleared the regedit on uninstall,

same problem remains, has the 8.05 download file been checked i downloaded this file around 20th feb.

anyone got the trial after that and has not got this prob could you rule it out please..

Comment

Have you downloaded 8.5 Simbo?

This is the one you need to use...
                  Simon Williams

Comment

i downloaded this file around 20th feb
                    You may have an old download as Simon says get the latest version from the Actinic website.

Comment

hello again guys

downloaded file from site a couple of hours ago did as duncans post again, still no joy and i still dont know if i should be getting the extension named actinic assistant from the extension file included., it just keeps instaling the actinic dreamweaver extension suit 8.01 and nothing else, even the file chris d posted for me just installs this.

im using a work around quite effectively, redgistering a design with actinic that i took the entire page code from executive theme, and editing that.

but its not the point there is no way i would buy unless im confident it functions correctly.

Comment

confident it functions correctly
                        Are you able to test on another PC?

Comment

Have you re-installed DW??
                          Simon Williams

Comment

hi

i dont have another pc im afriad.

i did take out the whole macromedia suite and re_installed just dw on the off chance still the same..

Comment

dw

dw v8 think i mentioned that, any issues what version is dw on now anyway...

Comment

I use Studio 8, which is DW 8 ...

I'm not sure what else you could try -- maybe contact Acinic technical team for advice.
                                Simon Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X