Actinic crashing / closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic crashing / closing

I am experiencing a problem when I ask Actinic to generate the best sellers and new products feature in the marketing tab.

After I click it, the screen freezes then I get a message telling me windows has to close Actinic.

Try compacting the database.

Comment

I have tried compacting but didnt fix the error, I tried deleting several sections but that didnt work either.

If I add products to the demo site and use the feature it works, other than my old friend the " invalid agrument box" returns to haunt me!

Comment

It may be running out of memory - I think you need to register a support query with Actinic, they may need to take a look at your database.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I think I will do that Jan.

I got up this morning sort of hoping it would now work......

Comment

That is a good plan, one I often use, that oddly usually works, did it work?

Regards
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Nope

I have managed to leave it alone all day, but this evening I tried increasing the virtual memory, no go, I will have to seek Actinics suport on this one, its only the "new product listing" that greys out and closes - my site is actualy tiny, and this is a new PC two weeks old bought soley to run the Actinic software.

Maybe it will work tomorrow morning Jan....

Comment

For more information on a software failure, you can check:

Start | right click 'My Computer' | manage | event viewer | system

This should give you a description of the last system error.

If it's a MS problem, it will also provide a link for more information.

It's worth a go -- if all else fails.

Simon
                Simon Williams
                Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

If its any consolation i get exactlly the same problem, it wont allow me to change the ammount of best sellers or new products without crashing

Comment

Have you tried clearing out all the current Best Sellers and New Products and then regenerating the list? Does this still cause the crash?

Comment

Mike - no consolation at all, I expext it to work

Chris - The tag dosnt let you get that far, I dont have an issue with "best sellers" it works as designed, but "new products" - you select it from the drop down "marketing" and the program turns light grey, and then closes with the error message, so I am unable to delete the currently active listings, as it dosnt get as far as opening the window, - unless there is another way to access the list?

Comment

Simon

I just did what you sugest and got this pasted below, gaud only knows what it all means

Log Name: Application
                        Source: Application Error
                        Date: 12/03/2007 17:29:48
                        Event ID: 1000
                        Task Category: (100)
                        Level: Error
                        Keywords: Classic
                        User: N/A
                        Computer: Actinic-PC
                        Description:
                        Faulting application Catalog.exe, version 8.5.0.0, time stamp 0x45c8a3a2, faulting module MFC71.DLL, version 7.10.3077.0, time stamp 0x3e77fdfd, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00033249, process id 0x17b8, application start time 0x01c764cbf26f2f20.
                        Event Xml:
                        <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                        <System>
                        <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                        <Level>2</Level>
                        <Task>100</Task>
                        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-03-12T17:29:48.000Z" />
                        <EventRecordID>3956</EventRecordID>
                        <Channel>Application</Channel>
                        <Computer>Actinic-PC</Computer>
                        <Security />
                        </System>
                        <EventData>
                        <Data>Catalog.exe</Data>
                        <Data>8.5.0.0</Data>
                        <Data>45c8a3a2</Data>
                        <Data>MFC71.DLL</Data>
                        <Data>7.10.3077.0</Data>
                        <Data>3e77fdfd</Data>
                        <Data>c0000005</Data>
                        <Data>00033249</Data>
                        <Data>17b8</Data>
                        <Data>01c764cbf26f2f20</Data>
                        </EventData>
                        </Event>

Comment

Mark,

It looks like there may be a .dll issue with MFC71.DLL

There are a couple of issues you could check before trying to replace the .dll

. Run a virus scan
                          . Check ActiveX is up to date
                          . Log a fault with Actinic

From what I can see, there maybe issues with your MFC71.DLL file causing the problems (virus, and Activex out of date).

There is also a hotfix from Microsoft you could use to try and resolve problems, but I would try the above 'safe' measures first.

Let me know is you need more information...

Simon
                          Simon Williams
                          Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

The new products list is held in a database table called NewProducts, it should be safe to go into the database and delete the rows from that table. Take a copy of the mdb file before you do this just in case something goes wrong. I would also suggest compacting and repairing the database after deleting the rows.

Regards,

Comment

I ran full scan with Norton and the Windows (Vista) software – sort of disappointing, all ok!

So I searched MFC71.DLL on Microsoft and there is a fix to download, so I did, but it wouldn’t install on my pc.
                              I tried restoring the PC to a point a week ago when all was fine, but it made no difference.
                              What I can’t understand is if I generate another site add 20 products or so and click “new products” it works fine, it would appear this problem is isolated to my original site.
                              Jan – I think I understand what you are saying, but I don’t feel confident enough to “poke about” outside my comfort zone – I have raised a ticket with support, and await a reply....that said this is irritating and so time consuming when I really ought to be getting on with finishing the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X