running Actinic off an external drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same here..another laptop vote

We bought laptops (one for my office and one for H's shop) for the sole purpose of being able to develop and work on sites, either at home or at "work", on the same machine without the need to snapshot.

It's certainly saved us a LOT of time doing it this way. We very rarely need to use a PC any more
    Tracey

Comment

I was hoping to avoid the laptop route but if this is the only option looks like i'll have to take it.
      Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Do yourself a favour and buy a decent keyboard/mouse combo to use in the office, and think about the second screen. I wouldn't like to go back to a desktop PC now.

(typed on laptop in bed - how sad is that )

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

My husband has a desktop kit and stand for his laptop so i know exactly what you mean. I'd definitely need another screen as i have 2 now and wouldn't be without it.

*laptop in bed* can't figure out if this is a turn off or a turn on
          For this guy a definite turn off!!!
          http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11...s_with_laptop/
          Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Ooh that's got to hurt - difficult reading before breakfast! I'll leave the laptop on top of the duvet in future.

Comment

Blimey things are getting bad for relationships here, i though the Police had the highest divorce rate, but it seems ups hapless IT peeps also have to worry, what with laptops and blackberries sneaking into the bedroom, what ever next? or shouldn't i ask?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                Blimey things are getting bad for relationships here, i though the Police had the highest divorce rate, but it seems ups hapless IT peeps also have to worry, what with laptops and blackberries sneaking into the bedroom, what ever next? or shouldn't i ask?
                Don't worry - the family unit is intact - my wife was on Facebook on her own laptop next to me

Comment

so, am i supposed to wear gloves when i use my lattitude? in case i burn my fingers to charcoal stumps?

Comment

Depends how fast you type.........

Comment

But then again - if your Dell is one of the Sony battery ones, you might want to take some precautions:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33772

Comment

am i supposed to wear gloves when i use my lattitude?
                        only if you use it face down

Comment

Working...
                        X