Dreamweaver CS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamweaver CS3

I've upgraded to Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 (that just seems wrong to say) and now I no longer have the Edit in Dreamweaver button in the design tab in Actinic. Now that it is an Adobe branded product it no longer resides in the Macromedia folder in my Program Files directory.

Is there a way I can point Actinic to the new version? Kinda like in Actinic 7 where you could pick the editor.

Does Dreamweaver CS3 have an extension manager? If so, I would suggest seeing whether the Actinic Dreamweaver Extension is still loaded within it.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      Does Dreamweaver CS3 have an extension manager? If so, I would suggest seeing whether the Actinic Dreamweaver Extension is still loaded within it.
      It does habe an ext manager (v1.8) Chris, cannot check about Act yet as my copy is still 'in transit'

HTH
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Dazza give us a report on CS3 when you get it please.

Comment

No worries Lee

As soon as eBuyers carrier pigeon lands today I shall get down and dirty with it and let you know all the good, bad and ugly....

I am salivating at the anticipation about the much improved css support within and those wonderful spry add-ons.....

Bit peeved off with Adobe though, I missed the free upgrade from PS CS2 to CS3 by 1 month (they only allow you 6 weeks from point of purchase jeeeeeze!)

Comment

Extension Manager for DW CS3

Hi Chris,

Yes there is an extension manager with CS3. I've re-installed the Actinic extension and the menu appears in DW (although I haven't used it yet), but there is no "Edit Layout in Dreamweaver" button in the design tab in Actinic.

I've been copying and pasting the code back and forth between the 2 apps at the moment.

Comment

I can't get hold of a trial Dreamweaver CS3 to test with, so I'll need to talk to the money people and see if I can get a upgrade to CS3 for my PC.

I'll keep you posted on my investigations.

Comment

Hi there
                any updates on this yet?

Paul
                "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Yep - my copy of Dreamweaver CS3 arrived yesterday so I was able to finally look at this.

THe 'Register a Page Design' feature seems to work find, but the 'Edit Layout With Dreamweaver' function doesn't yet.

The development team are aware, and I'm just uploading the copy of Dreamweaver for them to look at and work with.

My suggestion is if you really need the 'Edit Layout With Dreamweaver' feature, don't upgrade to CS3 yet.

Comment

Yep - my copy of Dreamweaver CS3 arrived yesterday so I was able to finally look at this.

THe 'Register a Page Design' feature seems to work find, but the 'Edit Layout With Dreamweaver' function doesn't yet.

The development team are aware, and I'm just uploading the copy of Dreamweaver for them to look at and work with.

My suggestion is if you really need the 'Edit Layout With Dreamweaver' feature, don't upgrade to CS3 yet.
                    Cheers Chris

Good call.

Comment

Older versions of DReamweaver

Hi Folks,

I'm using Dreamweaver MX on Actinic 8.

I can get the Actinic menu in Dreamweaver, or the Edit in Dreamweaver in Actinic!

Any thoughts?

When I try double clicking on the Dreamweaver extension:
                      C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Extensions\Dreamweaver\Actinic_Assistant\Actinic Assistant.mxp

I get the 'Windows cannot open this file......blah'

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Typo

Opps, that should have said 'cannot' not can!

Comment

Workaround

A colleague of mine has found a workaround for this. He installed DW CS3 and didn't uninstall DW8. The "Edit Layout in Dreamweaver" button is still showing in Actinic and as long as he has DW CS3 open BEFORE he pushes the button the feature works as advertised. As Chris said earlier the Submit changes command in DW works fine so the roundtripping functions fine so far.

If you on't have DW open before pressing the button it just opens DW8.

Comment

How peculiar! I do have the 'Edit in Dreamweaver' which opens in CS3. The link is also there in CS3 to register etc with Actinic.

David
                            -----------------------------
                            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

What version of actinic are you using, and where would this option be 'Edit in Dreamweaver'?
                              "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Working...
                              X