Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,
    thanks for all your responces.

Each image needs to be a link also, and the image may change shortly, i would really like it to be done using a feature in actinic so that the user can change it if and when they want.

you can do it in the brochure pages but not in the catalogue pages, why is this?

Bash
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

You can do it in either, a fragment is just as happy on a product page as it is on a brochure page. You could define variables for the images where the image would be changed once the file referenced in the variable was. Or you could create generic names such as advert1 - advert12, save the images as these names and it is just a case of overwriting whichever image you want to change and then uploading.

Turning images into clickable links is the same as you do in normal html, nothing different at all.

Comment

yeh thats all good for someone like myself to do, but im not going to be there to change the html for the links.

ideally i want it in actinic so that the user can go on, take 2 off and change the columns to 5 just as you would in the brochure page.

i want them to be able to add an image, change its link, change the image, delete it.

this is all very simple in a brochure page as all the options are there.

how to do i replicate exactly the same onto a section page?

Bash
        Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

my so-called brain
          hehe, thats funny.

I have previously done this the daftest way possible, but it works.

Use lots of frags:
          make a 'block' starting frag, that has only table starting code in it
          HTML Code:
          <table><tr>
          now another template frag, that has only row code.
          HTML Code:
          <td>[insert content]</td>
          and a closing frag.
          HTML Code:
          </tr></table>
          now use them in this order, like this:

bad code huh? yupyup.

Comment

Create your own fragment layout and create a variable for each image name and a variable for each image link. Add the anchored image tags and point them to read their values from the variables. Then wrap each tag in a blockif which will test whether an image and a link has been defined, if it has it will show it, if it hasn't then the tag will not be included.

Define a fragment img CSS style for the fragment images which will automatically apply margin to each image and display them correctly next to each other, without the need for any manual styling.

Comment

Love the lateral thinking Gabe but fk me that's funny.
              You are a glutton.

Comment

*big silly grin*

it might look odd, and seem overly complex, but its good for those who want to update the contents of the cells easily. The rather ninjalike technique i typed up there, looks good if you use blocks of 4.

the middle frag, can be various styles, very much like the normal frag styles. that technique is good for front pages.

minds eye moment:
                12___3
                12_2_3
                1__223

and not only that, but the frag number 1 can be styled, with various backgrounds, to give the virtual 'rows' different colours.

w00tage.

Comment

Working...
                X