No announcement yet.

FAO Actinic - 8.5.1 Folder Relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha Chris thanks, so before anyone starts to install Actinic, create the folders it needs first, then install.

Thank you for your help and more importantly the damn honest answers you have given, not great reading but probably the best and most helpful communication i have read to date - cheers.

Comment

I just read the post you linked too Chris about the reason for all this is due to the UAC features of Vista.

Personally as a Vista user, i deal with this daily as i run Actinic 8.5 (upgraded from a fresh install of 8.0) and every time i move files back and forth from the Actinic/sites/site1 i am prompted to allow the movement of files back and forth between this folder.

However, this doesn't prevent you from using the folder as originally intended with previous versions of Actinic. It can be annoying that i have to 'allow' myself to access my own folder everytime i move files into it. But then i am prompted every time i open Actinic itself to allow access to the program.

It is also worth noting, that you can actually switch UAC off. Although much like in the PC and Mac adverts in the USA, why have a security feature at all if your just going to switch it off?
      LMC Audio Systems - Pure Audio Choice

Comment

The workaround provided seems to work, although the first time i did it, i ended up with an Actinic v8 folder within the Actinic v8 folder i had created - this may have been me though.

I uninstalled and tried again and it appears that i now have it as i want it. I've now talked client through the process and he will be sending me a snapshot with just a couple of products to test this and confirm all is now ok. Will let you know as soon as i do.

11.59am and i have done nothing though, another 2 hours wasted, plus i have Jont taking the piss out of me on email, Northern tosspot!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          another 2 hours wasted, plus i have Jont taking the piss out of me on email
          I like to keep you occupied whilst you are wasting time on v8.5.1 ... you would get bored otherwise

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

LOL, if you are gonna quote me, at least use the last 2 words also. You kept me sane and for that i thank you.

Comment

I could smell your sanity was at risk so was there to help... there is a forest fire in Australia .. must dash .....

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X