short discription for new products/best sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short discription for new products/best sellers

In the guide it tells hot to display only first 10 words in full descriptions. Is there a way to have actinic look at the short discription for these instead of looking at the long discription??

If so,
    please post how to replace the variable.
    Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

I can see no reason why not. Can you see the variable that currently uses the product name in the code? Try changing that to the variable that brings in the description instead. You must replace it though, not just add it to what you already have. The variables are clearly labelled so you should spot it in the code.

Product Name for Product Description variable is the change needed.

Comment

The short description is the also known as the Product Name. Looking at at the third image in your other recent post you are already showing the short description.

Comment

LOL!. You guys make it sound like "yea. just do .... and simply ..... I got pinbrook's post about the short description and product name thingie, Changing variables and replacing things though, well......... i aint there yet. a little how too maybe??

TIA!
        Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

I think there is some confusion - the Short Description is the Product Name.

In the Best Sellers/New Products you should see (by default) an image and the Product Name (Short Description) folllowed by the Description.

Can you post a URL or image and then explain how you would like it to look?

Comment

Hmmmm, I would like it to look just as it did when I first installed actinic, 2 rows of 3 wide mini new products on the home page boxed in. That is long gone now after adding images and stuff. Not over the learning curv yet.
            Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

Do you think you deleted the Best Sellers layout from your design or have you not enabled it? (Check to see if it is enabled first - Marketing|Best Sellers - top check box)

Comment

It would be better to keep your two related threads in one here:
                http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30517

Comment

yes it is enabled. see attached. maybe there is no more room on the home page?? I dont know. LOL but this is hhow I want it. Attached URL is wht I am looking for.

http://www.naturalchild.co.uk all seems set-up correctly I think?!
                  Attached Files
                  Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

OK now you need to generate a list of new products. If nothing results from the menu option generate - then you need to visit each line in the new products table and select a product for that line to show.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I just entered 100 products into the catalog. all selected new products/best sellers. Just cant seem to controll the look and placement. I would love the default 6 mini boxes on bottom of home page.
                      WWW.valleydecoratingdepot.com
                      Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

First let's make sure you have configured the Best Seller List correctly before moving on to the layouts. Earlier you posted an image called enabled.gif - go to the Best Sellers configuration in the Marketing tab and select three products and select to lock them - post an updated image of that when done.

One step at a time - it's hard to visualise what you have.

Comment

OK, I have best sellers on the sidebar UNBOXED. I want the boxed and horizontal on the front page. When home page only is selected, it dissapears. Also, same issue with new products, cant get it to layout horiz. boxed in 2 rows of 3.

Thanks!!
                          Attached Files
                          Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

you should be using Mini Bestseller Layout on both homepage and sidebar

Comment

I do not have option to revert to factory default in the sesign tree. see attached
                              Attached Files
                              Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X