Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 8.5 Crashes on Refresh

This is frustrating.

- Currently V7.5MU; upgrading to V8.5MU.
    - Installed latest version of 8.5
    - Clean snapshot from 7.5
    - Checked that there are no coding errors

But when I set the website to "refresh", Actinic crashes whilst uploading "Account Settings" on the "checking catalog line".

I'm pretty sure the V8.5 upgradwe went fine, and I can create a clean 8.5 snapshot

Anyone had this happen to them?

Jim
    www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

I too am having the same problem.

I have spent the last two months redesigning my site for V8 and am now close to finishing.

The crash seems to always happen on upload or during a snapshot after I have changed something and reset duplicates.

I lost so many days work this week as I have been unable to take a snapshot after changes and have had to import an old snapshot just to get the site working again.

I am getting concerned about how reliable this product will be if I go live with it.

Has anyone experienced this issue with an 8.5.1 upgrade. Should I upgrade and be plagued with a new set of problems?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have just upgraded to V8.5.1 to find that it wrecks my templates (which could be sorted) however the change to the product reference is not acceptable for my site as it displays the reference differently for product duplicates. I use the product reference heavily within my layouts which now look messy with the reference being prefixed with 1!

I am now moving back to V8.5.0 and hope that the crashes do not continue.

I am now starting to think that I have wasted 2 months working with software that I am unable to use.

My Actinic cover is due soon and I am not sure that I am prepared to renew.
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

however the change to the product reference is not acceptable for my site as it displays the reference differently for product duplicates. I use the product reference heavily within my layouts which now look messy with the reference being prefixed with 1!
        I suggest you report this directly to Bruce who is looking into a similar problem with two of my snapshots.

I found that importing the snapshot twice fixed my problem.

Comment

My big mistake was renewing our Actinic Business MU Cover (very expensive too!) just before starting the upgrade process.

My instinct is to revert back to V7.5 for 6-12 months, and begin the process of looking for a replacement for Actinic.

I have just wasted a whole (sunny) weekend trying to make what should be a simple upgrade process work.

I've been an enthusiastic (and public) supporter of Actinic in recent years, but 8.5 has been an upgrade too far.

Jim

Originally posted by Buzby

My Actinic cover is due soon and I am not sure that I am prepared to renew.
          www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            I suggest you report this directly to Bruce who is looking into a similar problem with two of my snapshots.
            Will do.

Just gone to do my first upload after rolling back to V8.5.0 and the software crashes.

Can't work with either.
            Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

trying to make what should be a simple upgrade process work
              Upgrades are generally simpler the nearer to a standard layout the original site was - if it has been customised then the upgrader can hit problems.

Comment

Our site is 99.9% standard layouts. The upgraded site works fine using offline preview; there are no coding errors either. All images are contained within the site structure. All very strange.

Jim

Upgrades are generally simpler the nearer to a standard layout the original site was - if it has been customised then the upgrader can hit problems.
                www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

try compressing your database

Comment

Done that several times - actually many times.

Reinstalled Act 8.5 several times too :-)

Jim

try compressing your database
                    www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Can you ftp me the site

Comment

Thats very kind! A snapshot from 7.5? 8.5?

Jim

Can you ftp me the site
                        www.tutor2u.net

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

7.5 please

Comment

Jim,

I think that I may have found the problem to my version crashing.

I noticed that the system would crash when checking HTML pages, and always in the same place.

I made a note of the products in this section and then deleted the section. Actinic would now crash on a different page. I again recorded the products and deleted the section.

I did this a few more times and found that one product was in all the pages that caused the crash. I then deleted the product and so far the site is now uploading.

This product has not been amended since V7.5 and has not caused a problem for 7 weeks, so why now? . I hope this is not a taster of what is to come.

I now intend to import my last back up and just delete that one product to see what happens.
                            Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Quick update.

After importing a snapshot and just deleting this one product it has resolved the crash issue.

I have looked at every detail of the product and can not see anything that is wrong with it.
                              Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                              X