Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look here

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

I edited the database, increased the characters to 60 and then put the text in

alot easier than messing with the layouts, if you want to know i can tell you how

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

It seems to omit the title tags around <Actinic:Variable Name="PageTitle"/> on the shop top page, if i put them in on mine and add some text, it shows straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
        Have a look here

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

I edited the database, increased the characters to 60 and then put the text in

alot easier than messing with the layouts, if you want to know i can tell you how

Cheers
        Darren
        Ok..I've increased the field for this main name...edited the text, uploaded...but STILL I'm only getting Budget Bumps in the title of this damn page!!

I need a break...will come back to it when the kids are in bed!
        Expect to hear more from me after 8 LOL
        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,
          I might have completely misunderstood you, but, I think i noticed in the picture u posted the meta description is the same as the information you are trying to use.
          Why not add the meta description varible to it?

Paul

<TITLE> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22">
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
          <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionPageTitle" />
          </actinic:block>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" >
          <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /> <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" /> <actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22" >
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Store%20Front%20Page%22" >
          <actinic:variable name="StoreName" />
          </actinic:block></TITLE>
          "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

that's great advice actually, paul.
            And your code above inspired me to try something else...namely changing a different line to the one I'd been trying to change.
            Lee, the homepage one IS the CompanyName line. I thought I'd tried it but perhaps I was on a different page when it didn't appear to work

Is so bloody hard to make out to blockifs when they're all laid out in code.. and I'm only just getting my head around interpretting them as it is

I sorted it!!!

My humblest thanks to Lee and Paul!! and Darren too (sorry that had to come in an edit ) because you inspired me to open Access and change the limited field...even though it ultimately appeared to make no difference to the page title LOL
            Tracey

Comment

Glad you got it all sorted now though

Comment

just visited this tread and came across the middle of the code at the end of an interesting thread -
                Code:
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" ><actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /> <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" />  <actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" /></actinic:block>
                giving CompanyName SectionName MetaDescription
                should you have every page starting with your company name, seems a bit boring - I've changed mine to the following
                Code:
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" ><actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" /> at <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />  <actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" /></actinic:block>
                giving SectionName at CompanyName MetaDescription

at Least it generates something like "baby clothes at budgetbumps" rather than "budgetbumps baby clothes" - it sort of reads better - perhaps its just me.

Comment

good idea, Kevin
                  I don't think many of my section pages use the company name like this in the page title anyway but I'll have a look.

Cheers
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X