wrong product added to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong product added to cart

I have a strange error where, for any given subsection, with perhaps half a dozen products in it, whichever product you select, Actinic will only add one particular product from that page to the cart! (usually first or last product it seems, but not always). ie you might select product 5, but product 1 is added.

Shopping mode is 'quantity in cart', as it's always been.

I have compacted db, deleted local .cat and .fil files, purged same from server, and refreshed the site. No effect. Help!

Site has been up for ages, but recently gone multiuser v8.5.1HERA
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Duplicate products by any chance? If so reset them all and then test it.

Comment

Thanks Lee,

There are duplicate products in the catalogue, but the affected products are not necessarily duplicates. Do you think that this could still be the issue?

I was having a look at fullprod.fil and the data in here seems to make sense - i.e. each product seems to have the correct reference with it. Am I right in thinking that the name of the add button for each product is used by Perl to get the correct values to the cart, using fullprod.fil?

Aha! - I am using Norman's multicurrency patch, and perhaps upgrading from 8.5.0 to 8.5.1 has screwed up ActinicOrder.pm - could this be it?
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

There seems to be a lot of duplicate problems banding around at the moment, so just a suggestion of the common problem at the moment, rather than a deep educated guess tbh.

I haven't used that add-on from Norman personally, so know little about it. If at all possible i would certainly recommend trying to get your site back to normal, upgraded, tested and then re-apply any add-ons as these can cause issues, although Norman's very rarely do, if at all ever.

Before you do anything, compact the database, purge and refresh the site. If that doesn't cure anything, then it's something deep within and that could be a lottery trying to find out what.

Let us know how the basic housekeeping goes first.

Comment

The housekeeping functions made no difference. I have now raised this as a support ticket. Thanks for your help Lee.
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

I have raised a bug for this with Bruce. Following upgrade I am seeing product IDs being changed at random so when you add a product the wrong one is added to the cart.

If you do a search then you should find the posts about this from this time last week.

Comment

This one is fixed for me now. Somehow an underscore before ProductID in add to cart button layout had been lost - not sure when or how but site has been through several upgrades.
              adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

if you are not using 851-HFUA it might be a good idea to upgrade, as this should address duplicates and ProductID problemettes

if you are already on HFUA ignore this

Comment

Working...
                X