X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren B
    Ah so you do the fancy bits and someone else makes it look nice
    Lets not start the Designer or Developer argument again

Nice stuff Mr Crowe. How full is the Actinic Swear Box?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actually,i'm the designer and the developer, I bend the actinic monster to our whims and a dedicated team inputs the product data and makes sure it all the shop is data plentiful.

ok, well, thanks to all your inputs, i'v upgraded the table, and now:

- entire rows now navigate to the product
      - dropdowns automatically affect the list when used
      - bottom corner is cut
      - z order problems fixed on as many platforms as i could
      - next and back buttons no longer annoyingly snap the page to top.

How full is the Actinic Swear Box
      actually, very little actinic was used. only a fragment to insert the block.

Comment

..................................................waits for ground to open

Comment

heh. just implementing it site wide. its a tad complex.

Comment

it does look good..

THIS AGE

First page I randomly navigated to actually
            Looks fine in IE7...but looks as attached in FF2 (XP Pro)

Just so you know

ETS..there are a few others like that too.. this one for example
            no doubt fix one, fix all?
            Attached Files
            Tracey

Comment

I guess you fixed that lol...that or it wasn't finished when I looked at it!

Anyway...THIS PAGE

your fancy deal finder thingie is showing prices without the 2 decimal places.. so it's showing £29.9 instead of £29.90. Obviously not just this page but this is the one I spotted it on.

I've spent far too much time eyeing stuff up on there now.. I really must do something constructive!
              Tracey

Comment

indeed, thankyou miss bumps.

and, yes, heh, i was in the middle of fixing that layout problem.

Comment

Goat Point to Gabriel, outstanding work fella. I've said before in amongst all the wootism's and iffy taste in sounds this dude's got some serious potential to give re boofing up the standard kit.

Seriously, well done man.
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

here is a little 'how it was done', bearing in mind that i cant sick out the code, since its fairly complex, with about a dozens of files involved with even the simplest part of it. but i can explain the general concept, for anyone who wants to give it a go.

first of all, the data comes from a mysql database. the database is populated by a piece of software i wrote in vb.net. all it does is extract the data on products from the catalog, and send it to a table, in a mysql database online. this app runs all the time, is timed and automatic.

this is so that, a small 'table only' piece of php connects to the data, and shows them, with divs and classes, for css styling later.

in the actinic page, a holding div is made in the template. its empty, and has a name only. this is a palceholder, so that when the page loads, javascript calls ajax to call the php mentioned above and put it into the empty div.

buttons on the outsode of the ajax called php page, re-summon the php, with different parameters passed into it. these are the next and back buttons for example.

the overall effect is that i can display infinite pages of items in the div, without page speed or server impact, becasue each time a button is clicked to get more data, the data is loaded in segments. only small portions of the data from the sql is loaded into the div at a time. the speed of ajax gives the illusion that the data was allready in the page and sorted by javascript alone.

hope that was helpful to someone.

Comment

top stuff

looks gnarly dude! \m/

2 things of note (just design niggles) circled on the below .gif

the drop-shadows (if that's what they are) on the right hand boxes don't go all the way to the top on most of the boxes (cart summary is fine - others are short)

The page seems to be slightly wider than 100%...? i get a horizontal scroll bar - whether the browser is full screen or not. XP Pro & IE 7.0.5730.11
                      Attached Files

Comment

blimey.

Comment

I only mention this as it's one of the best looking actinic sites i've seen!

And I'm an ex-design consultancy employee and unfortunately can't help but notice little things like these whenever I look over a site that's been well designed. I don't bother if it looks crap

Comment

Working...
                          X