Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login form - adding to additional pages - HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand document and absolute but all the images in this section are entered in Actinic as follows...

P:\actinic\Actinic V85\Site1\TRADE_SALES_SMALL.jpg

I don't have any listed as http://www.mysite.com/myimage.jpg or similar - is that what you mean?

Comment

The only thing in that particular fragment in the loginselector (which was inserted by doing the right click > insert as described earlier in the thread) - nothing else. How can I therefore move it with regards to nested forms and secure/nonsecure environments?

When I examine the page source code from the existing login page and my new login page I notice an interesting ommision.

The original login page has the following bit of code I can't find after inserting the layout...

"<!-- Start script -----
      // Place-holder for the script to ensure that https is used for this page
      // if SSL mode is in use.

if (location.protocol == "http:"){var sURL = "https://www.buyit247.com/acatalog/login.html";var sRedirect = "https://www.buyit247.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SECTIONID=index.html";if (sRedirect != "NETQUOTEVAR:" + "SSLREDIRECT"){sURL = sRedirect;}location.replace(sURL);}

Could this be something to do with it?

Comment

Did you right click and put a LoginLayout *inside* a fragment? Surely not?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill, you make that sound like it should be obvious that is the wrong thing to do! I'm a beginner at this!

Let me clarify. I created a fragment called 'login', entered nothing in it. Then created a new layout as described by Lara based upon one of the existing layouts.

I then switched to design view, right clicked in the empty space of the fragment (it showed a 1cm white space with a horizontal rule above and below where the next and previous fragments begun/ended) and chose Insert > Layout >

Take it that won't work?

Comment

Ben,

You can't read tone-of-voice, so I can see how my post 'sounded' to you.

The layout needs to be inserted into the design tab code layout view.

If the theme you are using is table based, you lok for the
            </td>
            <td>

yaddayadda
            INNERLAYOUT

and add the login immediately after the <td>.

If it's a css based layout, then I expect you will find
            <div id="middle">
            yaddayadda
            INNERLAYOUT

and you would inset the login after the "middle">

'Fragments' are treated as a type of 'product' and products are inside the shopping form. Anytime you add another form, it must open and close before a new form opens or after a form closes (an example of this is the simplesearch which puts a small search form into the top bar/left bar/right bar. If you experiment by putting it in different locations on the page and look at the resulting code in a local preview using 'view source' in the browser, you will see what I mean.
            Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

I was kidding around - I'm grateful for any help I can get.

I have done as suggested but when the site is uploaded whilst everything appears OK when I enter a username and password the 'login' button does nothing.

I think I'm just going to quit on this now and use an image to tell people to log in top right

The original reason for trying to move the log in onto this page was because Trade customers didn't know where to log in (it wasn't obvious to them to go top right).

Comment

Just checking again. You have created a customer account and then uploaded? If there are no accounts, there is othing for the login form to check.

Just popping over to see if (hopefully) the code is still there and I can check for the form tags.
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

Yes, plenty of accounts there. Works fine using the 'proper' log in - just not the added one.

Comment

I still see fragment / login with no form tags / fragment on the site. Just reloading a pc after a power surge wiped me out, so I will publish a working example in a coupe of hours.
                    Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X